Uninstall Android x86 and GRUB

st0yl3s

Feb 4, 2011, 7:42:25 PM2/4/11
to Android-x86
Hello, so the problem I have is that my laptop's cpu does not support
android x86 and I want to remove that and GRUB. Does anyone know how I
would do this?

Philip

Mar 7, 2011, 11:04:19 PM3/7/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
st0yl3s <st0yl3s@...> writes:

You need to provide your version of Windows to get a good answer. Here's some
tips for Windows 7:

If you have an optical drive
* Create a System repair disk using the Backup and Recovery selection in the
control panel.
* Change your BIOS to boot from CD/DVD first
* Boot the recovery disk

If you have a netbook (more work)
* Download the System repair disk from here:
http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/
* Get a utility such as UltraIso (free trial available)
* Use this to burn the iso file of the system repair disc to a usb drive
* Change your BIOS to boot from USB first
* Boot the recovery disk

Both methods join here:
* Select the default options
* Wait for Windows 7 to be detected
* From the dialog box select Command Prompt
* Type the following line exactly:
Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
* Wait for success message
* Type exit
* Select restart and change your BIOS settings back

Ravi Singh

Sep 25, 2016, 11:26:46 AM9/25/16
to Android-x86, st0...@gmail.com
There's much easier wayto do that and you don't need a disc for this. All you need is a Windows Bootable USB stick which can be created using Windows ISO and then repair the Boot Sector of your Windows as it was replaced by Grub. You may also use Automatic repair option which may or may not work properly so it's recommended that you use CMD and enter two commands to repair it and when you restart, your Windows will boot normally. You can visit and see this article on how you can remove Android x86 without damaging Windows and loosing data, Info Source: http://techposts.org/how-to-uninstall-android-x86-4-3-4-4-or-5-0-from-pc-or-laptops/

Alireza Honarfar

Jan 25, 2022, 10:25:01 AM1/25/22
to Android-x86
Hi All,

I found this which worked as quick solution

hope this help others.