Cannot format micro SDcard after installed Android-x86_CM-14.1-r2 on it

Feisheng Gu

Oct 4, 2018, 12:46:52 AM10/4/18
to Android-x86
Hello everyone
I got so trouble formatting my Sony 16G micro SDcard after I successful install CM-14.1-r2 on it. How I might cause this situation, well after install finished I got Wechat install on it to test the system's function, it work perfectly exciting RIGHT? and then I reboot, BOOM all setting is back to first time install. User's data didn't saved so I reinstall CM, when there is asking to chose Read-Write file system, I might stupidly selected NO, damnit. And here we are, I'd tried many things to get this SDcard back to normal :

the SDcard is using GPT two partition (one is EFI partition fat32 formatted, the other is Linuxfile-system partition ext4 formatted)

1. regular Windows disk right-click formatting? NOOp ;
2.CMD Windows DiskPart formatting? NOPE

also tried rm -rf * after booted up CM-14.1-r2 no luck :(

Could somebody help me out with it? much appreciated.
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (7).png

Feisheng Gu

Oct 4, 2018, 1:01:51 AM10/4/18
to Android-x86
   tried format tool such as SDformatter/Diskgenius...still no

Kossuth

Oct 4, 2018, 1:22:50 AM10/4/18
to Android-x86
Have you tried booting from some kind of Linux rescue image on a USB stick and then running for example Gparted? I usually get everything done with it. You can try the following image

You can make the bootable USB-disk for example with

Feisheng Gu

Oct 4, 2018, 3:05:13 AM10/4/18
to Android-x86
Thanks for answering. i did right after you reply, but i used Gparted you posted link still not working. i'd tried Ubuntu Live ISO it has Gparted too and a physical Ubuntu installed machine attempt to delete/format partition no luck at all. i started to wonder if it had something to do the whole file system are read-only at SDcard. Cause we dont have permission to change it at all ? What can we do something to change those system files Read-Writeable while we boot up CM-14.1-r2 ? THANKS

Kossuth

Oct 4, 2018, 4:45:27 AM10/4/18
to Android-x86
I googled "read only sd card" and got a following link

First is to check that does your card or card adapter have physical readonly switch? If not, then there are some other stuff you can try form the link.

Feisheng Gu

Oct 4, 2018, 6:19:19 AM10/4/18
to Android-x86
sadly I try all of those method before I posted this :( . So I wonder what I can actually do while I'm in CM system , maybe change system read-write permission by using 'chmod' command ; or developer mode ? debug mode? to erase all file/partitions? idk

Chih-Wei Huang

Oct 16, 2018, 1:54:38 AM10/16/18
to Android-x86
Feisheng Gu <gufei...@gmail.com> 於 2018年10月4日 週四 下午6:19寫道:

> sadly I try all of those method before I posted this :( . So I wonder what I can actually do while I'm in CM system , maybe change system read-write permission by using 'chmod' command ; or developer mode ? debug mode? to erase all file/partitions? idk

Have you tried the auto-install function of the android-x86 installer?
Choose "Advanced options" -> "Auto Install to specified harddisk",
then choose the sdcard as the destination.
It should work if your sdcard is not physically damaged.

Feisheng Gu

Oct 31, 2018, 8:10:55 AM10/31/18
to Android-x86
thanks for replay. sadly i tried that many times :(.