Surface pro 3 touchscreen issue

oni94

Jan 16, 2019, 11:58:25 PM1/16/19
to Android-x86
Hi, I'm using android x86 7.1-r2 on surface pro 3(i5) and I have a problem with the touchscreen.

The touchscreen sometimes stops working and I have to reboot my device to make the touchscreen work again.
This problem occurs randomly. Usually the touchscreen stops in 1~2 hours after boot, but sometimes it stops in a few minutes.

Is there any solution for this problem? Thanks in advance.

oni94

Jan 17, 2019, 9:58:33 PM1/17/19
to Android-x86
I forgot to mention this. When it stoped, I can still use my surface pen and touchpad(from the keyboard cover).
I tried sleep and resume by the power botton but it didn't work.

At least, Is there any other way  to make the touchscreen work when it stopped?
It would be nice if I  can reactivate the touchscreen more fast and easily(compare to rebooting).

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 17, 2019, 10:00:14 PM1/17/19
to Android-x86
oni94 <blue...@gmail.com> 於 2019年1月18日 週五 上午10:58寫道:
Try to unload and reload the driver?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

oni94

Jan 17, 2019, 10:05:56 PM1/17/19
to Android-x86
Chih-Wei, Thank you for replying.

Can you tell me how to do that? I'm sorry but I'm not a developer so I don't have enough knowledge to do that.

oni94

Jan 20, 2019, 4:16:25 AM1/20/19
to Android-x86
Ok, I finally found out how to unload and reload the driver.
I tested this simple command in the terminal:

su -c "rmmod hid_multitouch; modprobe hid_multitouch"

And it works! The touchscreen works again.

So, now  I'm using tasker to run the shell commend "rmmod hid_multitouch; modprobe hid_multitouch" (use root) when the display is turned on.
And also I made a shortcut for this task on my homescreen.

It would be perfect if I can fix this touchscreen issue completely, but I'm glad to learn how to make the touchscreen work again at least.
Hopely I wish I could find the solution for this issue in near future.

And thanks again for your advice, Chih-Wei.

Alejas asds

Jan 21, 2019, 4:47:48 AM1/21/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to Google!