Success Touch screen 4.4 RC1, but no success with 4.4 RC2, HEEEEEELLLLPPP.

Alexandre Leal

Jun 17, 2014, 9:29:42 AM6/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Good morning.
I had problems with the touch screen configuration in 4.4 RC2.
I managed to do the configuration in 4.4 RC1 by following these steps.

Android 4.4 RC1
stop zygote
mkdir /data /system /tslib
cd /data /system
ls (checks that created the tslib folder)
ts_calibrate (makes the timing of 5 points)
cd tslib
ls (checks created pointercal file)
reboot
chmod 777 /data /system /tslib
chmod 777 / data /system /tslib /pointercal
reboot

could only with 4.4 RC1, unable to configure the touchscreen on RC2, the y axis is inverted.

Use an LCD with a 7 eGalax touch with 4Wire controller.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 23, 2014, 4:02:04 AM6/23/14
to Android-x86

4.4-RC2 uses the preinstalled TSCalibration app to do calibration.
To use it, add your product name to /etc/init.sh. There is a post in the forum that explains the details. Just search it.

PS. The pointercal of 4.4-RC2 is moved to
/data/misc/tscal/pointercal.

KaivitiSingh

Feb 3, 2017, 2:19:37 AM2/3/17
to Android-x86
I have a Tablet running on Android 4.2.2, I just replaced its touch screen. This is a non-genuine TS so it badly needs calibration. Can you give me some ideas as to how to do it....PLEASE.

I will really appreciate your HELP.......
Thanx.....