Makefile include ninja_config.mk and strange error at build

michel Alexa

Nov 19, 2021, 7:13:20 AM11/19/21
to Android-x86
Hi all,

       First of all, I have a question about a certain instruction inside the build/make/core/ninja_config.mk file. On the line 57, is the following instruction: << include $(wildcard vendor/*/build/ninja_config.mk) >>, and I don't understand to which file or group of files points to. The only thing that I found is that the wildcard function searches for that pattern inside the Source file directory. Moreover, when I ran << godir ninja_config.mk>> the shell returned  the build/make/core path only. So, the question will be: To which file or group of files this include points to?

       Second, from nearly 2 months I try to find the solution to the following error: " packages/apps/Bluetooth/Android.mk:7: error: FindEmulator: find: `libcore/ojluni/lib/mapapi': No such file or directory " I tried many possible fixes, but none were the solution. I tried to: create a symbolic link in libcore/ojluni that target the packages/apps/Bluetooth/lib/, commented the line and the whole mapapi module in Android.mk, write the full path in Android.mk at line 7 to the mapapi lib, copied the packages/apps/Bluetooth/lib to the libcore/ojluni/ (which gave other errors). I would like to know what is the purpose of mapapi module, at least. If you know even partial information, please, reply.

Thank you and please forgive me for the off-topic (if it's the case)!

michel Alexa

Dec 8, 2021, 3:20:58 AM12/8/21
to Android-x86
I got news about the second issue. Turns out that the problem was that the first line in the packages/apps/Bluetooth/Android.mk was retrieving wrong information about the location of the directory. I don't know if I fixed it or just a workaround, but my solution was to add to the second line this: LOCAL_PATH := $(TOPDIR)/packages/apps/Bluetooth/ . I observed that the problem was the path by printing the $(LOCAL_PATH) to a file and run the build.

It felt like this solution was the right solution , but now I have another error:
<< out/target/common/obj/APPS/Bluetooth_intermediates/manifest/AndroidManifest.xml:402: error: resource bool/profile_supported_hfpclient (aka com.android.bluetooth:bool/profile_supported_hfpclient) not found.
error: failed processing manifest.>>

I forgot to say that I work on Android 10.