Android x86 not boot after restart pc

Kubek Szklany

Oct 25, 2017, 9:20:14 AM10/25/17
to Android-x86
I dont know how to install AND BOOT this android, after installation i have 2 options: Run or Reboot. Run starts android, and it working fine, but if i turn off pc it does not boot anymore. I can run this system after installation only once. Next times bios say that is no bootable hdd, and I must insert system disk. Of course in bios is everything good, i dont change enything, and few days ago windows xp is booting with no problem. I try install with and without grub, hdd format and not format, and partiotion table set as none and ef01. Please HELP. And sorry for my english, i live in poland.

Antony Stone

Oct 25, 2017, 9:28:40 AM10/25/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I suggest you tell us what sort of PC you are trying to install Android-x86
onto when experiencing these problems.

At the very least:

- make
- model
- CPU type
- hard disk type
- which version of Android-x86 are you trying to install?
- what type of partition are you installing it into?
- is your machine BIOS or UEFI-based (I think you answered that above, but
I'll ask anyway)?
- how are you shutting the machine down, before it fails to boot the next
time?

Any other details you can provide which can help us to understand where you're
starting from and what's going on would be helpful.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"Remember: the S in IoT stands for Security."

- Jan-Piet Mens

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Kubek Szklany

Oct 25, 2017, 11:42:47 AM10/25/17
to Android-x86
This computer is very old, in bios (is bios not uefi) i have no information about this pc, but i read from parts inside pc, that cpu is amd sempron, probably 32 bit, motherboard is kingmax or something like that, 1gb ram, and ata hdd 80gb. I push power button and select shutdown by mouse, and it shutting down. On the last screen, i can choose reboot, and it wont boot. It only boot if i choose Run Android-x86 on last screen. I try install this many times:
A. Partition 1, 80gb without any flags
B. Partition 1, 80gb with flag boot (ef01)
C. Partition 1, 100mb with flag boot (ef01) + Partition 2, 80gb-100mb with no flags (Installation set on partition 2)
D. Partition 1, 80gb, set as bootable after installation by Gparted tool
I tried to format in ext4, and for option B i tried install with and without grub (A C and D i only try with grub), and still not working...
Message has been deleted

Kubek Szklany

Oct 25, 2017, 11:52:50 AM10/25/17
to Android-x86
*I write ef01, but i meant ef02 probably... I meant the Bios Boot partition, sorry for mistake...

Chris Gay

Oct 26, 2017, 7:43:52 PM10/26/17
to Android-x86
I had a similar issue. The fix for me was to:
  1. Clear all the partitions I had created for Android x86.
  2. Create a new partition WITHOUT using GPT
    1. [NEW]
    2. [PRIMARY]
    3. [BOOTABLE]
    4. [WRITE] with 'yes'
    5. [QUIT]
    6. Then continue with putting the ROM onto the partition
Good Luck!

Kubek Szklany

Oct 27, 2017, 9:49:03 AM10/27/17
to Android-x86
I have got this message:
"Warning! Unsupported GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected. Use GNU parted. "
"FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 0: Partition ends in the final partial cylind. Press any key to exit cfdisk"

Chris Gay

Oct 27, 2017, 9:55:29 AM10/27/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Its ok, i saw that too the first time! Just let it go into the DOS-like she'll and follow the instructions I provided.
It's warning you that something went wrong with the original partitioning. You are going to fix that partition error with the new parameters I proscribed.

Kubek Szklany

Nov 5, 2017, 5:29:11 AM11/5/17
to Android-x86
Can you give me link or something what you use? I try use cfdisk from android-x86 and after this massage i'm not entering to partition manager. I write previously, that i have message: ... press any key to exit cfdisk. When i press any key i see: You dont have enough space to install android-x86! becouse i dont create any partitions. And i am again in step Create / Modify Partitions. What i must download and boot to create this partitions?

Kossuth

Nov 5, 2017, 8:50:47 AM11/5/17
to Android-x86
I had similar problems (I'm not sure the same), and I used live usb stick made from http://www.system-rescue-cd.org and went to graphical interface and ran gparted from terminal. Then I just erased the partition table and created new ms-dos partition table. After that I could use the installers disk utility normally.

Chris Gay

Nov 5, 2017, 10:08:13 AM11/5/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Kossuth. I had to wipe/delete my previous partition. As long as you don't have anything on the older partition, it will be ok to destroy it. Otherwise if you wish to keep your old partition , you will need to change the size of it. I would recommend running a disk defragment to reduce the space used up by your files on the partition.

On Nov 5, 2017 5:51 AM, "Kossuth" <tomi.kos...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had similar problems (I'm not sure the same), and I used live usb stick made from http://www.system-rescue-cd.org and went to graphical interface and ran gparted from terminal. Then I just erased the partition table and created new ms-dos partition table. After that I could use the installers disk utility normally.

Kubek Szklany

Nov 12, 2017, 10:37:46 AM11/12/17
to Android-x86
Ok, i run gparted and i'm not see ms-dos option in flags, but... i resolve problem in other way. I install ubuntu first and let the partitions create automaticlly. Then i install android x86 in ext4 partition without format and it succesfully boot up. Yey! Thanks everyone for help. :)

Chris Gay

Nov 12, 2017, 10:55:58 AM11/12/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations! I hope everything else is a cake walk...