Configure/Monitor Sound Driver Volume Level Drops at Startup

Bob H

Mar 12, 2015, 8:57:18 AM3/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I am running 4.4-r2 on an Intel Atom d945gclf2 mini-itx as a car pc.

The sound works but there is something curious happening.  I am hoping someone might be able to point me to a way that I can monitor and hopefully configure the sound driver.

Here's what's happening:

When I first start up the system, I'll fire up my music player, PowerAmp and start a song.  The volume level seems to be where it should but within about 5 or 10 seconds, it drops by about 30%.  The volume control in PowerAmp are at max.  The volume level does not seem to be being held back by having eq set/enabled because I can disable the eq but the level does not change, only the effect of the eq changes.

I have maxed the volume levels using the Alsa app but curiously, the range is only 0-64 rather than 0-128 which I have seen on my other pc running x86.

What could be happening here?  It does not seem to matter what music player I use and it only seems to happen within a minute or so of starting up the system.  I am wondering if Android is switching/defaulting to a basic sound driver and not using the full capabilities of my on-board sound chip.

How can I monitor what driver is being loaded at startup and then what driver is currently being used?

Any advice is much appreciated.

TBD

Mar 12, 2015, 11:40:48 AM3/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
> --
Not sure if it'll fix the problem, but have you tried just going into
INIT.SH and Changing the Alsa Values there? If nothing else it would
eliminate your need for the Alsa App....

TBD