Enable Bluetooth in emulator on VirtualBox ( Oreo Version )

Dong Wook Kim

Oct 18, 2018, 6:13:20 AM10/18/18
to Android-x86
Hello everyone.

I tested the Android Bluetooth in the emulator (Android-x86 oreo version)
first, i checked it in marshmallow version. so it worked well.

But, Bluetooth does not work in the oreo version.
I'm using the BT usb dongle on VirtualBox.

After enable BT, emulator cannot search other BT devices.
Other devices can find emulator, but cannot connect it.

Can I use bluetooth in emulator on VirtualBox?

If my BT usb dongle is the cause, is there any recommended BT usb dongle? (I use BT usb dongle of NEXT CSR 4.0.)

Thanks,
Dongwook

Timothy Bryant

Feb 21, 2019, 12:21:41 PM2/21/19
to Android-x86
I have the same question. I will gladly order whatever dongle might have the right chipset to work. Trying to get it up and running on a Lenovo 300e.

Thanks,
Tim Bryant