Need help Installing 4.4 r2 on Asus T100

Rico Stapel

Feb 5, 2015, 2:21:41 AM2/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I can get the USB with the iso on to boot but it can't find the partition I created and formatted (ex3) on the sd. So I dont see where I could install it. I did read that this is a bootloader issue but I couldn't find any info on how to resolve it. I couldn't test the "android-x86-4.4-r2.img" file as this shows as corrupt after downloading. (tried twice).

Can you help please?

BTW. how is 4.4 running on the T100 in general? the boot from usb is extremely sluggish and unusable once loaded. I have high hopes for this as the software I use most sucks on windows with a touchscreen.

chen wade

Feb 6, 2015, 2:04:01 AM2/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
please refer to this one:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-x86/sony/android-x86/D85Jq02cLrE/RhTWtOjH3H0J

Rico Stapel於 2015年2月5日星期四 UTC+8下午3時21分41秒寫道:

Fajar A. Nugraha

Feb 6, 2015, 2:25:55 AM2/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
What software is that?

Short version: if you're looking for production everyday use, don't use android-x86 on T100 right now. The "best" android variant that would run well on it is amiduos, which runs as VM under windows. However, if you're willing to do tests (and optionally make your own build), JJ's kernel config (based on Ubuntu's) should provide improvements over released 4.4-r2.

Long version:
Certain peripherals used by T100 are not supported by linux right now. This includes the mmc, which is used for:
- internal disk/emmc
- SD card slot
- wifi

The released 4.4-r2's kernel config is built in a way that it can NOT access T100's SD card. So it's NOT bootloader issue, but kernel config issue. Ubuntu, as well as JJ's kernel config, can use the SD card. However the linux kernel itself currently still have problems with T100 mmc, which (even in Ubuntu) results in "hangs" once you write certain amount of data to internal disk/SD, and mmc reset errors (which essentially makes the systems unusable) once you use wifi to transfer certain amounts of data.

Last time I tested running 4.4-r2 from the dock HD, it works fast and beautifully (including video hardware accelerations, wifi, and sound) for a while, until it hangs due to mmc/wifi issues above. So don't use it for "production" right now. Amiduos under windows runs a little bit slower, but still useful even for 3D games (and it doesn't hang).

There are efforts to improve this situation (see also google+ T100 Ubuntu community) on the kernel side, but so far there is no proven way to get T100's mmc & wifi to run reliably under linux.

--
Fajar

rbg

Feb 6, 2015, 4:16:58 AM2/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Rico Stapel

Feb 15, 2015, 9:19:13 AM2/15/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Fajar. I would like it for production as I am less than impressed with windows on touch. I'll try vm ware and DuOS. Thanks very much for the pointers.

Ali Razavi

Feb 16, 2015, 3:48:48 AM2/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I install Android 4.4.4 on HDD Partition of my Asus T100TA,
If you like this scenario, I can help.

Rico Stapel

Feb 16, 2015, 6:53:05 AM2/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Does everything in Android 4.4.4 work? I am a bit disheartened as I need it for production.

to a day well lived,

Rico Stapel
M: +66 8 66 900 444 | Skype: ricostapel

Ali Razavi

Feb 16, 2015, 4:19:17 PM2/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Work: WiFi, Touch, Sound,
Not Work: Bluetooth, Rotation, SD Card, VPN Connection

rbg

Feb 16, 2015, 6:05:52 PM2/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
if you need it for production....go see consoleOS.....they'll have something in a couple years...MAYBE

Rico Stapel

Feb 17, 2015, 12:22:41 AM2/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Console OS is a rip off or so I heart but duos by amibios runs quite good. They still have an annoying sleep bug but working on it.

to a day well lived,

Rico Stapel

M: +66 8 66 900 444

S:  ricostapel

*sent by mobile

Fajar A. Nugraha

Feb 17, 2015, 1:24:02 AM2/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Rico Stapel <ric...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Console OS is a rip off or so I heart

rbg's post is sarcasm, incase you missed it :)

> but duos by amibios runs quite good.
> They still have an annoying sleep bug but working on it.

I simply disable sleep on duos side, and let windows handle sleep.

I'm looking forward to android-x86 with 3.19 kernel when it becomes
available though, since there's supposed to be fixes for mmc problems
there.

--
Fajar

Rico Stapel

Feb 18, 2015, 10:42:32 AM2/18/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I tried this but it doesnt help. Sleep turned on or off. Duos freezes :(