does Android-x86 support S-Video out ?

walter

Apr 16, 2014, 3:31:22 PM4/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Will I be able to get S-video signal out from a motherboard eqipped with S-video socket?

thanks for any hints,
Walter

walter

Apr 20, 2014, 5:53:56 PM4/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
guys,

does someone know if S-Video out is supported, besides VGA and LVDS? I hope it's not a too difficult question?

thanks,

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 20, 2014, 9:47:33 PM4/20/14
to Android-x86
> guys,
>
> does someone know if S-Video out is supported, besides VGA and LVDS? I hope
> it's not a too difficult question?

I think s-video is rarely seen in normal pc/notebook/netbook or tablet.
Probably nobody tested in on android-x86.

Actually whether it's supported depends on the linux kernel.
According to the article, s-video is supported by the video options
of kernel cmdline. Test it yourself.

http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/faqs/boot-options.html

--
Chih-Wei