ath10k : Firmware loaded and device wlan0 registered. But cannot see SSID.

YoungJoon Lee

Dec 25, 2017, 10:49:59 AM12/25/17
to Android-x86
Hello. Thank you for reading.

I found this forum  thoroughly but it looks like no one using ath10k qualcomm wifi.

In my case, firmware loaded successfully. and log message of kernel is exactly same as ubuntu resque disk(Which can use WIFI) And device is registered. (Device name is different.) In my android system, device name is wlan0. I am using same firmware for this device.

Module is loaded automatically and wlan0 genrated successfully(ifconfig can display mac address of ath10k wifi). But I cannot see any SSID on settings menu. This problem occur on (a) Several android I have build.(7.1 nougat, 7.1 nougat-blissrom, 8.0 oreo and else) All versions I have build have same problems(What I want to use is 7.1 blissrom). BT can be used on all systems. BT is implemeted on WIFI cards.(ath10k)

Please let me know how to fix it.

I will dump logcat and dmesg on as soon as I can. In ubuntu rescue disk, kernel log is same but device name is not wlan. And I can use wifi.(I copy firmware from this USB.)

It looks like these issues are same as mine.

issue 3 said firmware is not included in android but it looks like included in 7.1 bliss rom.

Thank you for reading.

YoungJoon Lee

Dec 25, 2017, 7:37:22 PM12/25/17
to Android-x86
https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-93603

I found this page on internet and check my makefile(Android.mk 's). I think it is not kernel driver problem and some VARS are not set properly for my wifi module. I will check VARS like LOCAL_MODULE or else.

Best regards.

2017년 12월 26일 화요일 오전 12시 49분 59초 UTC+9, YoungJoon Lee 님의 말:

YoungJoon Lee

Dec 27, 2017, 7:02:34 AM12/27/17
to Android-x86
Here is my dmesg and logcat logs.

I still cannot fix this error.

Difference between logcat 1/2 is I turn on and off wifi on settings.app between 1 and 2.

Best regards.

2017년 12월 26일 화요일 오전 12시 49분 59초 UTC+9, YoungJoon Lee 님의 말:
Hello. Thank you for reading.
dmesg.txt
logcat.txt
logcat2.txt

YoungJoon Lee

Dec 28, 2017, 8:27:48 AM12/28/17
to Android-x86
It looks like bug of wpa_supplicant.
In this link,
Downgrade wpa_supplicant to  2.3-2.4 solves the problem.

Q1. Can I download wpa_supplicant to version 2.3-2.4 on android nougat?
Q2. Does android use un-modifed version on wpa_supplicant? Or modification is needed?

Best regards.

2017년 12월 27일 수요일 오후 9시 2분 34초 UTC+9, YoungJoon Lee 님의 말: