TC1000 with TM5800 CPU

Charles Smith

May 6, 2014, 12:38:43 PM5/6/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello, just joined the group.

I have a Compaq TC1000 tablet with a 1 Ghz Transmeta Crusoe TM5800 CPU and 1 GB of memory.
It's too slow to run XP Tablet Edition, adequately, and most Linux distros no longer support non-PAE.
The TC1000 runs SliTaz 4.0 extremely well, but I'm not an advanced enough user to get it all working.
I don't think SliTaz can ever be as tablet-friendly as Android-x86. Android-x86 would be a perfect fit.

I've been contemplating donating my TC1000 to the project, getting another when a release is ready.
I've been only using the TC1000 to test OS compatibility. Really don't have plans to do much with it.
But with Android-x86 installed on it, I'd be able to find much greater use for it, and have a ton of fun.
It's complete with keyboard and stylus, and a new stylus battery is on the way.

I also have three TC1100 tablets. I'm hoping to get Android-x86 going on one of those at some point.
Of course, I don't think I'll be donating any one of these, as I have plans for each and every one.
I have Windows 7 running brilliantly on one and plan to keep it that way. It's my main tablet.