Android x86 4.4-r1 on Acer Aspire One D270

Ángel C. Pareja

Dec 14, 2014, 8:28:32 AM12/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The first apologize for my English, I'm no good at expressing myself in this language.
I am a newbie to Android/Linux distributions. I will discuss my experience when installing Androidx86 on my Acer Aspire One D270:

Hardware Specifications:

1.6Ghz Intel Atom N2600 processor
Intel GMA 3600 graphics adapter
1GB Ram DDR3 1333

I chose to install android-x86-4.4-r1 on a hard disk partition 32 GBs, R/W system and Grub. I had no prblem.

In the welcome screen of android I chose my language (Spanish), I connect to wifi, I set my google account, all right.

Android is going well but I'm not convinced your mouse, is a circle and I prefer the arrow I've seen in other distributions, I do not know if this can be changed.

The camera and gallery not working well, although this could fix thanks to the topic of Jacob Keyes in this group https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/android-x86/ACNXKDcB-7U

After following their suggestions camera and gallery work (the apk ICS). I tried to watch a video on youtube, audio is fine but the video is jerky.

I installed and tried some apks, some downloaded from the Play Store and other apk installed directly from a USB memory.

From the usb:

Nova Launcher
Instagram
Wheather & Clock Widget
Slider Widget

From the Play Store:

Rotate (to prevent Instagram screen rotation)
Twitter
Skype

All work correctly. I made many illusions.

I downloaded and installed from the Play Store the famous game Clash of Clans, but when I start the game, a black screen opens and closes automatically in two seconds. the error message appears briefly "clash of clans application has stopped".

I've been reading this group and searching through google a solution.

I found the topic of Euphoria Angel https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/MXjko2j8V7U/fHKoHmWIBaYJ

The ./enable_houdini sh command returns me the message Houdini is Enabled but nothing else, so I can assume that the problem is not that.

I suspect the problem will be with the compatibility of the graphics card (Intel GMA 3600).

As informative detail (not sure if this is relevant) in

settings - information from tablet - OpenGL driver version

GL Vendor: null
GL Renderer: null
GL Version: null

The holoespiral wallpaper does not work. So I'm almost convinced that here is the problem.

I have read that there are specific drivers for these graphics cards, designed for linux distributions like ubuntu and others. Can these be used in Android x86?

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or have any idea?
I'm open to suggestions, testing or try different releases of Androidx86, one that most suits the hardware environment of my Acer D270.

Finally, apologize again for my english (google translator helped me) and thank you all for this great group and for your help.

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 18, 2014, 11:38:46 PM12/18/14
to Android-x86
> The first apologize for my English, I'm no good at expressing myself in this
> language.

Not at all.
Yes.

> I have read that there are specific drivers for these graphics cards,
> designed for linux distributions like ubuntu and others. Can these be used
> in Android x86?

No.