boot problem on new installed OS

Aland van Valkenburg

Aug 4, 2014, 3:40:55 AM8/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I installed android for PC rc2 on 3 machines,
Celeron 800, 512, 40GB fujitsu/siemens
Celeron 800 512 40 GB, Compaq
EEEPC 4g surf
HPcompac 6320

Only the HP does boot en run (slow)
The others show al black screen

tried tot cleanup the harddisk,
install with of without grub

what needs to be done (i am kind of novice)

greetings, Aland (OS/2 user)

Ralf ranfyy

Aug 4, 2014, 6:31:45 AM8/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Am Montag, 4. August 2014 09:40:55 UTC+2 schrieb Aland van Valkenburg:
Hi

I installed android for PC rc2 on 3 machines,
Celeron 800, 512, 40GB fujitsu/siemens
Celeron 800 512 40 GB, Compaq
EEEPC 4g surf
HPcompac 6320

Which graphic cards?

Erdin Omanovic

Aug 4, 2014, 6:49:22 AM8/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You want to have it on dual boot with other OS or Android alone ?
I think your hd should be formatted ext2 in order to make grub booting.

Leonardo Arredondo

Aug 7, 2014, 7:01:53 PM8/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aland van Valkenburg
Try to boot in (debug bomodeset) option
it will be ask to you to write

#exit

a couple times...

also i was trying to boot to with oldies computers, but seems like only
Android 2.2 - 2.3 are compatibles

try some these

Let me know your result's please!

Leonardo Arredondo

Aug 7, 2014, 7:10:47 PM8/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
for: HPcompac 6320

Try this in main menu press "e" to edit, change values as show in line down, press "enter" to exit and "b" to boot the edited line:

kernel /android-4.4-RC2/kernel quiet root/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=-16 video=1024x768 i915.modeset=0 SRC=/android-4.4-RC2