ARM emulator

Arjun Koroth

Aug 4, 2014, 7:45:20 AM8/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
how can we install libhoudini on android 4.4?
all links for libhoudini are broken.
anyone has ported libhoudini for kitkat?
Please inform me?

Arjun Koroth

Aug 5, 2014, 7:40:46 AM8/5/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Edit
Oh! there is a way.
Devs pls try to download bluestacks android emulator for windows.
try to root it via z4root or framaroot,
then install terminal emulator, extract system folder of emulator,& then dig the folder to find those arm libs.
Just try it! I dont know will it works but im trying.

mike r

Aug 5, 2014, 1:01:52 PM8/5/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It's in the x86. ISO dunno if you can do it in windows, but you can extract it in Linux.. ..

Mike

Gary Kan

Aug 5, 2014, 11:53:19 PM8/5/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Is ARM emulator already included and enabled in 4.4-rc2 ?
found "ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi-v7a" in /system/build.prop

Arjun Koroth於 2014年8月4日星期一UTC+8下午7時45分20秒寫道:

Jeremy Reben

Aug 11, 2014, 3:15:39 AM8/11/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Last time I attempted to install libhoudini, it didn't work.
On Genymotion the same files worked on Kitkat.
From what I remember all the files were in proper directory and permissions the same.

In any case any input on this matter would be helpful.

Hong Te Hsu

Aug 13, 2014, 12:10:00 AM8/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Just wonder any progress made ? cos without ARM emulator, around 50% Android apps for video/audio doesn't work :( Hope anyone with expereince could share.

rul aza

Aug 14, 2014, 8:46:24 AM8/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
all application and game not work on my android x86 4.4 rc2,
my machine is hp mini 110

how about you? work or not?

Antony Stone

Aug 14, 2014, 8:52:18 AM8/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I've had no problems running various applications, including some games, on an
Acer Aspire 722 with Android-x86 Kitkat 4.4rc2

I haven't tried upgrading to 4.4r1 yet.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If you were ploughing a field, which would you rather use - two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?

- Seymour Cray, pioneer of supercomputing

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

rul aza

Aug 14, 2014, 8:57:24 AM8/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
wow,,, uhhhhh,,, help me,, how it work???

Antony Stone

Aug 14, 2014, 11:00:58 AM8/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday 14 August 2014 at 14:57:15 (EU time), rul aza wrote:

> wow,,, uhhhhh,,, help me,, how it work???

All I can say is: I downloaded the ISO image android-x86-4.4-RC2.iso from
http://www.android-x86.org/download , copied it to a USB stick, booted my
Aspire One 722 (AMD C-60 CPU, Radeon HD 6290 GPU) with it, and installed to an
ext3 partition.

Applications I've successfully run:

- Torque
- Wifi Analyser
- Firefox
- Navfree
- AnTuTu Benchmark
- Terminal Emulator
- Camera

Games I've tried (and found they work):

- Angry Birds
- Cut The Rope
- Quizduell

Both wired and wireless networking work, but Bluetooth diesn't (either the
built-in device, or a plugged-in USB Bluetooth dongle).

With the correct kernel boot options I can use external VGA or HDMI displays,
too. An external touchscreen monitor works very nicely.

> > On Thursday 14 August 2014 at 14:46:24 (EU time), rul aza wrote:
> > > all application and game not work on my android x86 4.4 rc2,
> > > my machine is hp mini 110
> > >
> > > how about you? work or not?
> >
> > I've had no problems running various applications, including some games,
> > on an Acer Aspire 722 with Android-x86 Kitkat 4.4rc2
> >
> > I haven't tried upgrading to 4.4r1 yet.

--
I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

- Douglas Noel Adams

rul aza

Aug 15, 2014, 9:42:33 PM8/15/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
how with blackberry mesenger, wechat, etc?? work or not work,

Rinaldo Jonathan

Aug 15, 2014, 9:49:32 PM8/15/14
to android-x86

Never tested wechat, but I confirm BBM works.

Arjun Koroth

Sep 4, 2014, 3:24:09 AM9/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
There is a file houdini.tgz in /system/lib/arm in kitkat
But it doesnt seem to do anything. how can i make it to work?
Does libhoudini emulate armv7neon?

mike r

Sep 4, 2014, 9:12:10 AM9/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I believe libhoudini is an arm emulator for the Intel processor..

Mike