Acer Aspire Switch 10 (Baytrail) Audio and Wifi not work

Ekapol tassaneeyasin

Dec 27, 2014, 9:53:07 AM12/27/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i get kernel source 3.18.0-rc6 from git and compile with android-x86 4.4.4

My wifi hw is Realtek 8723BS (SDIO Interface) i'm get source from https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723as
and compile with kernel 3.18.0-rc6, but when i boot with image i compile wifi still not work,
i'm check with 'lsmod' no module 8723bs.ko load

anyone know how to fix this or i'm doing something wrong?

and about sound my device its Intel SST Sound with Reaktek I2S Codec
i'm added firmware to /lib/firmware/intel and see in dmesg ,
seem like driver load correctly, but no sound.
i'm try to use alsa state config in /etc/alsa/, but have no luck.

How to fix this?

Sorry, my english is bad
Thanks,

pstglia

Dec 27, 2014, 12:08:24 PM12/27/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, have you tried loading the module manually (with insmod)?

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 28, 2014, 3:53:00 AM12/28/14
to Android-x86
Please update the libaudio from git:

repo sync hardware/libaudio

which contains the audio hal fix for baytrail.

If it still doesn't work, you may need to create your own
alsa state from a normal linux distros (ubuntu...)
and then copy it to android-x86.

What's the result of this?

cat /proc/asound/card?/id

Ekapol tassaneeyasin

Dec 28, 2014, 9:14:33 AM12/28/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, i will try.

Ekapol tassaneeyasin

Dec 29, 2014, 11:28:19 AM12/29/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Result of cat /proc/asound/bytrt5640/id is bytrt5640

Ekapol tassaneeyasin

Dec 29, 2014, 11:28:59 AM12/29/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i'm trying to build image with new libaudio, please wait.

Dom Buchstaller

May 16, 2015, 7:47:54 PM5/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Is there any progress on the Switch 10? Windows 8 is completely unusable and it drives me insane that this nice piece of hardware is just sitting there unused.

Any info is appreciated

Povilas Staniulis

May 16, 2015, 8:15:21 PM5/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried any of the current builds ?

Dom Buchstaller

May 24, 2015, 7:55:51 AM5/24/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yep, e.g. magic stick and various images from this group. I found one that has working wireless but so far the keyboard and suspend never worked (which makes it petty pointless)...

Terry Lutfi

May 27, 2015, 3:34:12 PM5/27/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Guys any success with Baytrail HDMI audio? There is a fix for Ubuntu; details are here https://pkendall64.wordpress.com/2015/05/01/meegopad-t01-hdmi-audio-success/

Ekapol tassaneeyasin

May 28, 2015, 3:28:06 AM5/28/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm resize windows partition to have freespace 5 GB and create two partition
1.fat32 1GB for system image
2.ext4  4GB for data

copy your system.img,ramdisk and other to fat32 partition
then look for bootloader (bootia32.efi [grub]) and rename to bootia32_grub.efi
then edit grub.conf to boot in fat32 partition \dev\sdaX x is mean fat32 partition position and DATA=mmcblk0pY (Y mean your data partition position)

and copy copy both file  to ESP Partition (\EFI\Boot\)

*don't replace original bootia32.efi in esp partition

and set your efi firmware  to boot bootia32_grub.efi first
open command prompt with admin privillege and type

Bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \efi\boot\bootia32_grub.efi

Restart computer to see result

*Please make sure you disabled secure boot because that will block your grub bootloader to boot.

Sorry my english is bad.

Ekapol tassaneeyasin

May 28, 2015, 3:29:55 AM5/28/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
My Image build  keyboard working, GPIO Button work, Graphics Work ,Wifi Work

But Audio never work (work with usb soundcard)

Jeevan Ghadge

May 30, 2015, 1:00:05 PM5/30/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hoping somebody cranks this.
Ax86 is so smooth on Acer Switch10  that its a shame the only non working thing is the audio and display brightness.

Dom Buchstaller

May 31, 2015, 8:43:41 AM5/31/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a link to your latest image?

Pseudo Name

Jun 4, 2015, 9:31:31 PM6/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Здравствуйте, Ekapol tassaneeyasin!
Недавно я купил устройство Wintel Сх-w8. (Intel Baytrail) Hardware same as in Acer Aspire Switch 10.
Оно поддерживает двойную загрузку. Windows 8.1 и Android x86 (4.4)
В Android работает звук, Wi-fi, Ethernet etc.
Я создал резервную копию жесткого диска этого устройства. (Wiped раздел Windows)
Here is my HDD copy (and sowtware image4win for mount or restore this backup-image)
I hope it can help you to create android image.
Also i have another Wintel Сх-w8 without dualboot (win only). Hope you can build newer version of Android x86 image.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByFPfiUmPLQrUkJzczg4WlhaWWc/view?usp=sharing

Jeevan Ghadge

Jun 13, 2015, 10:42:19 AM6/13/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com