Mount with user permission

Lukas

Mar 3, 2015, 5:07:34 PM3/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Fortuantely in the meantime android-4.4-r2 is now working on my HP Spectre x2 (just the normal speakers only work partially, but that doesn't matter). Thanks for your efforts in porting android x86!

Now I'm trying to mount my default ext4 drive into e.g. /sdcard/my_home. Using the terminal this works with

su
mount -t ext4 /dev/block/sda3 /sdcard/my_home

Of course that mounts the drive with root-permission. Is there a way to mount a drive such that the user has the permissions? The flags known from Linux do not work unfortunately (or I did not find them).

Best regards

Lukas

Mar 8, 2015, 9:38:19 AM3/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I'm still looking for a good solution. How can I mount another partition e.g. to /sdcard/my_home such that it works.

I can mount the partition using "mount -t ext4 /dev/block/sda3 /sdcard_my_home" and I can write that into /system/etc/init.sh. Nevertheless how must the permissions on that partition be such that I can access the files similar to those stored in the sdcard-folder? And why does the mounted partition does not show up everywhere and at any time?

Best regards

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 9, 2015, 1:15:20 PM3/9/15
to Android-x86
You may try to add SDCARD=sda3 to the kernel cmdline.
It should treat the partition like an external storage.
But the permission issue is another story...
> --

Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

Lukas

Mar 13, 2015, 1:24:14 AM3/13/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
That's already a good starting point, since manually mounting and unmounting works but only in about half the cases. Now sda3 is really mounted at /storge/sdcard1.

I also changed the User-ID and the Group-Id to 1023, which should be files that can be accessed and modified by Android. I will now test that a while and hope that it'll work.