Android-x86 on Asus EEE PC 1000HD

NI 240SX

Jun 2, 2020, 4:09:11 AM6/2/20
to Android-x86
I tried some versions of Android-x86 in Live CD mode on my old EEE PC 1000HD (Celeron M 900, 2040 usable RAM) and found that as you said in other threads, the last working version is the 4.0 R1 eeepc, something really annoying because nothing is compatible with this Android version.

However, I'm pretty sure that 4.4 and 5.1 could work on this device since these Android versions boot without errors but without GUI too, I only get "A N D R O I D" in the middle of the screen and something like a console (newer versions lead to a kernel panic). I compared 4.0-eeepc and 5.1 ISOs' and found that some files from 4.0-eeepc are NOT in 5.1.

So, my question is: how could I mix Android 4.0-eeepc and 5.1 ISOs in Windows ? Also, I remember sawing messages after the console : "untracked PID xxx exited", does it means that I've wrong and my computer hasn't enough RAM ?

Daniel Cheung

Jun 2, 2020, 4:29:54 AM6/2/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like the best route is to build a custom image using no newer than 5.1. You would need access to a Linux machine or VM with at least 500GB of space to compile. If you are using a VM, you need at least 16GB of memory dedicated in order for the build process to even run. I also recommend identifying all the devices from a working OS so you can select what driver to install when compiling a custom image.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 2, 2020, 5:51:34 AM6/2/20
to Android-x86
No. That's because the CPU doesn't meet the ABI requirement of newer Android.
In particular the SSE3 instructions.

You may try this particular 4.4 build without SSE3:
https://sites.google.com/site/twisteroidambassador/android-x86/kitkat-non-sse3-build

However, even if you can boot Android successfully,
the apps you want to run may still use the missing instructions
that may cause crashing.

NI 240SX <nis24...@gmail.com> 於 2020年6月2日 週二 下午4:09寫道:

--
Chih-Wei