Google Maps freeze in lollipop_x86_64 EFI

Dmitry Sutyagin

Nov 18, 2015, 2:51:12 PM11/18/15
to Android-x86
logcat attached (I have first installed maps from Play Store, it froze, then I installed Maps from x86_64 repo of opengapps, it froze too, then I retried with Play Store version and it, of course, froze again).

Log is full of different errors, don't even know where to start.

I see that Vold errors with failed to ensure /storage/sdcard1/... (usb, etc) - I don't have an sdcard1 anyway.
Then I see a warning about missing com.google.android.media.effects.jar - this did not come in the pico gapps archive so not installed at the moment.
Then a warning about EGL_SWAP_BEHAVIOR_PRESERVED
Then error about Sensor devices/iio:device3/in_rot_hysteresis
Then you can see that InputDispatcher drops events - the app is frozen.

Let me know if you have any ideas how I could prevent Maps from freezing.

log.txt
Message has been deleted

Dmitry Sutyagin

Nov 19, 2015, 3:05:49 AM11/19/15
to Android-x86
Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 (cpu - Core M 5Y71, gpu - Intel HD 5300).

On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 11:02:48 PM UTC+3, Vel Asta wrote:
Hello Dmitry, what machine you running this on? I'm having a similar issue on one of my computers. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Dmitry Sutyagin

Nov 19, 2015, 8:45:32 AM11/19/15
to Android-x86
I have fixed Google Maps freeze - I fixed the first logcat error (Vold) by providing /storage/sdcard1 (made a temporary bind mount from /storage/sdcard0 to /storage/sdcard1).
Basically this means that for some reason GMaps requires an external storage, otherwise it will freeze. I will play a bit more with the issue to verify this solution, then we'll need to find out why this issue is not present on normal android devices which only have internal storage...

Try this temporary fix via terminal emulator:
su
mount
-o bind /storage/sdcard0 /storage/sdcard1

Mike

Nov 19, 2015, 9:34:45 AM11/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
If that's the error, not sure if it will help, but you can change your preferred storage location in APPs in settings...

Mike
http://android-x86.net/
Unofficial

Dmitry Sutyagin

Nov 19, 2015, 12:33:17 PM11/19/15
to Android-x86
Mike,

There is no such setting neither in Apps nor in Storage.

Dmitry Sutyagin

Nov 19, 2015, 12:36:51 PM11/19/15
to Android-x86
Update - maybe that was just a lucky run - now that I've tried my fix again it does not help, Maps app still freezes in a few seconds. So looks like my fix is not working, will investigate further...

mike...@android-x86.net

Nov 19, 2015, 2:12:03 PM11/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
OK there was on my install....

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On November 19, 2015 11:33:25 AM Dmitry Sutyagin <f3fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> There is no such setting neither in Apps nor in Storage.

Screenshot_2015-11-19-13-10-20.png

JJ Meijer

Nov 20, 2015, 5:36:03 PM11/20/15
to Android-x86
I had the same problem, it appears to be a problem with mesa. On my build with Intel UFO driver Google maps works great.

Dmitry Sutyagin

Nov 23, 2015, 1:37:48 AM11/23/15
to Android-x86
JJ,

I have yet to learn how to change the driver in the build... If you have time for this then a how-to would be appreciated :)

JJ Meijer

Nov 23, 2015, 7:09:59 AM11/23/15
to Android-x86
It's a bit more complex than just adding a driver. The discussion is over here(test builds included): https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/UK9YQtZrqio