Android x86 on TP300L series successful!

Warren Cheung

May 11, 2021, 10:28:27 AM5/11/21
to Android-x86
A list of my experiences putting this on an ASUS TP300LA (i5,8GB ram) successfully.

Main fix is to fix the orientation of the accelerometer,  portrait and landscape mode are flipped (autorotation turns the screen 90 degrees from whichever orientation it should be) - that was fixed by trying this in the terminal:

su
setprop ro.iio.accel.order 102
stop; start

(Looks like ro.iio.accel.matrix is deprecated in case someone else tries that like I did)

x86_64:/etc $ cat /sys/class/dmi/id/uevent
MODALIAS=dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrTP300LA.202:bd05/14/2014:svnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:pnTP300LA:pvr1.0:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnTP300LA:rvr1.0:cvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:ct10:cvr1.0:
x86_64:/etc $

Made it permanent by putting it etc/init.sh and adding it to the other case of x/y flip.  I made it *TP300L* - I think there is TP300LD which may have similar hardware.

*ST70416-6*|*TP300L*)
                        set_property ro.iio.accel.order 102
                        ;;

Looks pretty stable across the various versions of Android x86.  Android 9 was able to sleep (via the power button option)  and resume,  but sleeping or whenever the screen power-saver mode kicked it,  the wifi would drop and not re-enable properly.  Toggling the wifi on and off would eventually cause things glitch but would eventually let you restart it.

Haven't found a way to sleep 7 or 8 (power button doesn't have a sleep option),  but seems more stable coming back from power-saving mode .

Apps crashing mysteriously turned out to be ARM apps  - had issues enabling the native  bridge via the menu,  but usually fixed going to the terminal.  I think I did something like these.  Install is flaky (sometimes I ran the enable_nativebridge a bunch of times) but easy to test if it's worked (just try to run an app) and seems fine once it's up.

Android 7:  using su then running /system/bin/enable_nativebridge worked
Android 8:  download http://dl.android-x86.org/houdini/8_y/houdini.sfs  into /system/etc and rename it houdini8_y.sfs  then run enable_nativebridge
Android 9:  download http://dl.android-x86.org/houdini/9_y/houdini.sfs into /sdcard/arm/ and rename to houdini9_y.sfs and run enable_nativebridge

Warren Cheung

May 17, 2021, 7:00:07 PM5/17/21
to Android-x86
Additional note - rotation is a little unstable sometimes but seems to be remedied by also having the

set_property ro.iio.accel.quirks no-trig

enabled as well (so I moved the *TP300L*  case up in my init.sh to the case before the fall-through:

*SP111-33*|*TP300L*)

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 29, 2021, 12:06:17 AM6/29/21
to Android-x86
Warren Cheung <warren...@gmail.com> 於 2021年5月18日 週二 上午7:00寫道:
> Additional note - rotation is a little unstable sometimes but seems to be remedied by also having the
> set_property ro.iio.accel.quirks no-trig
> enabled as well (so I moved the *TP300L* case up in my init.sh to the case before the fall-through:
> *SP111-33*|*TP300L*)

Sorry for replying so late.
I have added the quirk.
Thanks a lot!