LTE Modem

Torsten Appelhagen

May 13, 2019, 3:37:10 PM5/13/19
to Android-x86
Hi,

I'm trying to incorporate a UBLOX Toby L2 (LTE Modem). There is a RIL package to add the necessary driver.

At first I had a hard time to find out why there was absolutely nothing in the logs until I noticed that RIL is disabled in init.sh unless one of certain boards is used... I assume these have a modem on-board, so it's fine, but in case you're adding a pluggable device it won't work. Wouldn't it be better to test for a loaded module?

Anyway I was able to get it up by setting the flag in a vendor-init.sh which is executed before, so the original script cannot change the value again.
Now I'm prompted by PIN input on boot and I do see the network strength indicator, I get an IP and in the system menu under network I even see the the provider!

BUT!

That's all... It seems no PING leaves the system and when I push the mobile network line I only see "com.android.phone has stopped" where I should be able to set the APN etc.

I've seen at least one message in this group someone is (or was) successfully using an LTE modem, so I assume this should work...? I'm quite sure not to have modified anything in the phone framework... Can someone confirm?

BR
Torsten

Chih-Wei Huang

May 13, 2019, 10:38:09 PM5/13/19
to Android-x86
I think the last version can work is 4.4.
No one has tested it since.
Welcome to fix it and provide us the patches.

Torsten Appelhagen <bors...@gmail.com> 於 2019年5月14日 週二 上午3:37寫道:
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Povilas Staniulis

May 14, 2019, 8:29:14 AM5/14/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It's a surprise to hear that at least something works. RIL support
hasn't been touched at all since KitKat.
Logcat logs would help a lot for debugging.

Torsten Appelhagen

May 16, 2019, 1:48:32 AM5/16/19
to Android-x86
Very sad to hear that... I can provide some logs, but these will be quite large, is it better to use pastebin?
Also, do the radio logs contain any confidential information which I should edit prior to uploading?

DDS Central

May 16, 2019, 6:50:03 AM5/16/19
to Android-x86
Zip the logs if they're large. It would be better to have the logs here than on some third party sites.
The only info you should check for in the logs is your IMEI number. Edit that out if you find it.

Chih-Wei Huang

May 16, 2019, 8:31:44 PM5/16/19
to Android-x86
Don't send an email with large attachments.
Nobody wants to receive that.
Put it to pastebin or something like that is fine.

DDS Central <wdmo...@gmail.com> 於 2019年5月16日 週四 下午6:49寫道: