Phoenix OS kernel is now open source - join us on Discord and push for FOSS

Visto 666 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Vioner

no leída,
1 sept 2017, 21:46:521/9/17
a Android-x86,Chih-Wei Huang

Hey everyone,
I've recently decided to push once more for Phoenix OS and Android-x86 in general.

Under an impulse I've sent emails to Phoenix Team asking to open the kernel source telling them it's their legal obligation - witholding the source is a violation of GPL license.
From that, an idea to push it everywhere possible as a petition arose.

It worked in just a few days... :D
Phoenix OS kernel source is now open available here: https://github.com/PhoenixOS/kernel

The idea went pretty much viral. 4-5k visits, some shares and lots of reddit upvotes.

Few popular reddit posts:
https://redd.it/6x98n7 (linux - hottest today)

As you can see, there is interest in POS and desire to have it open.

What's next?

Please help me verify Phoenix OS kernel source.
We need to check wheter it's really full Phoenix OS kernel or just unedited copy of Android-x86 kernel.
Until that's done, I'm not closing my petition. We must be sure first.
Please help me with that or at least tell me how to do it. Any advice will be appreciated.

I invite you all to the Phoenix OS Discord that's been running for a little while now and already has over 80 users.
I'm waiting for the Phoenix OS Team to join us as well.

I've also created a dedicated Android-x86 Discord server. - CWHuang I encourage you to make it official and share the link on the official webpage.
Invite link: https://discord.gg/MRApdVE

My efforts will be going into Android-x86 as well. Already spoke to CWHuang about reworking the website and build a proper docs portal.
That's to be done before end of 2017 on my timeline.

Maybe we can still push something really great and big before Fuchsia or whatever Google is brewing gets released :D

youling 257

no leída,
1 sept 2017, 22:39:381/9/17
a Android-x86,cwh...@android-x86.org

Vioner

no leída,
2 sept 2017, 8:29:272/9/17
a Android-x86,cwh...@android-x86.org
What do you mean @youling 257 ?
I can see that there are some differenceses, but how do we know wheter it's actually Phoenix OS's kernel used in their system?
How do we check for their custom editions?

I've asked Phoenix team about this, awaiting reply.

adam dubuque

no leída,
2 sept 2017, 9:19:272/9/17
a Android-x86
What's different is their system actually works on my device

youling 257

no leída,
2 sept 2017, 9:31:402/9/17
a Android-x86
use custom kernel and modules to boot enter Phoenix os,no any problem,custom kernel maurossi 4.13 kernel、my 4.9 kernel,i help the chinese people on Phoenix os forum test my custom kernel.
the only one problem,you don't  know how to use them,for the user like you ,your only need OOTB iso,your needn't know/study any knowledge.
in fact,Phoenix os team no power to make 4.9 kernel more perfect,Phoenix os team is a Android team,develop Android framework、UI and more.

在 2017年9月2日星期六 UTC+8下午9:19:27,adam dubuque写道:

youling 257

no leída,
2 sept 2017, 10:23:182/9/17
a Android-x86,cwh...@android-x86.org
Phoenix os not provide their kernel config,https://github.com/PhoenixOS/kernel/commits/master/arch/x86/configshttps://raw.githubusercontent.com/PhoenixOS/kernel/master/arch/x86/configs/android-x86_defconfig ,just Android x86 defconfig,

Phoenix os kernel source not merge "android-4.9" branch,i don't think them public iso not used "android-4.9" .
Phoenix os kernel on github,it is "kernel-4.9" 4.9.24,and many Androidx86 kernel patches.

在 2017年9月2日星期六 UTC+8下午8:29:27,Vioner写道:

youling 257

no leída,
7 sept 2017, 3:25:597/9/17
a Android-x86
new branch,based on “android-4.9”,https://github.com/PhoenixOS/kernel/tree/phoenix-4.9

android-x86: fix 64bit android7.1 games crash

王者荣耀 crash on 32bit Phoenix os,64bit Phoenix no any problem. Phoenix os 2.0 键盘映射、手柄映射 for chinese users play 王者荣耀.

Faheem Ahmed

no leída,
28 sept 2017, 16:54:0528/9/17
a Android-x86
NOW ASK THEM TO MAKE INSTALLER WORK WITH ANDROID X86 OR RELEASE I AS AN STANDALONE APP
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos