Request for custom build android x86 for visually impaired users

Hadi Rezaei

Jul 25, 2018, 2:49:41 AM7/25/18
to Android-x86
Hello

Can anyone from the android x86 project, or someone who has the technical knowledge and free time to build from source, make a custom version of android x86 with google tts and talkback installed and enabled by default?

I have never compiled any applications myself but if you also point me in the right direction on how to include and enable talkback by default in a custom build i'll try to build one myself.

Thanks a lot

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 30, 2018, 2:18:23 AM7/30/18
to Android-x86
If this is not a privileged app, you can
put it under device/generic/common/app/
of the source tree.
It will be added automatically.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Jordan Livesey

Feb 20, 2022, 7:55:30 AM2/20/22
to Android-x86
I would love to see this, talkback is open source and you can easily have rh voice as a default synthesizer, since jenux does not support secure boot and android does, I am sure its possible, on a tipicle android phone or tablet, all you need to do is turn on talkback by holding both volume keys, now if a laptop had volume keysthat would work but for the iso, you could have an installer that has speech with speekup for linux, with that somebody could install android, then with that, impliment talkback to start automatically, not only that, but have a notification sound set as the default, I have all of the ones found on my tablet in a zip file, the free version of talkback is available from f droid and can if you choose to make it, asystem app