Why am I getting an Error Code 963 while trying to install app?

Brajib

Aug 12, 2018, 8:12:58 AM8/12/18
to Android-x86
Hi, Dr. Huang!

I was ultimately able to extract android-x86-7.1-r1.iso and run Android-x86 from my laptop.
I had to use special parameters, like, androidboot.selinux=permissive vmalloc=192M buildvariant=userdebug, nomodeset and xforcevesa. I was inspired by appropriate x-86 info pages and Android's own grub.cfg in /boot folder.

After booting, whenever I tried to install app from Google Play Store, each of them would be downloaded twice, and then stall with an Error Code 963.

The detailed splash screen after the double downloading:

Can't download app
"File Manager" can't be downloaded. Try again, and if the problem
continues, get help troubleshooting (Error Code:963)

I also don't have an option for soft power-off option in the current version of my Android.

Would you kindly advise me as to why is this error code so displayed? The Android is in a Ext3 partition, while my boot folder is on a different partition, along with the main OS for my laptop.

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 12, 2018, 10:34:40 AM8/12/18
to Android-x86
That could be the problem.
Since some version (I forgot) it requires
an ext4 partition to work properly.

Actually if you install (upgrade) via Android-x86's installer,
it will guide you to upgrade an ext3 partition to ext4.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Rajib Bando

Aug 12, 2018, 10:26:02 PM8/12/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 8/12/18, Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> That could be the problem.
> Since some version (I forgot) it requires
> an ext4 partition to work properly.
>
> Actually if you install (upgrade) via Android-x86's installer,
> it will guide you to upgrade an ext3 partition to ext4.
>

> --
> Chih-Wei
> Android-x86 project
> http://www.android-x86.org

Okay, understood. Thank you, Dr. Huang. I have one ext4 partition. I
will try on that partition and get back. Thank you once again.
Good day, Dr. Huang.

Rajib Bando

Aug 12, 2018, 11:18:30 PM8/12/18
to Android-x86
On 13-Aug-2018 7:55 AM, "Rajib Bando" <raji...@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay, understood. Thank you, Dr. Huang. I have one ext4 partition. I
will try on that partition and get back. Thank you once again.
Good day, Dr. Huang.
Yes, Dr. Huang, I am writing this email from within Android. Applications appear to be undated.
Thank you very much, indeed.
Regards