Will an SSD help?

Alan Rothenbush

Aug 3, 2021, 7:16:57 PM8/3/21
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm unfamiliar with the internals of Android-X86, so forgive me this naive question.

Will an SSD improve the performance of Android-X86?

The full story is that I need an Android tablet to run a few marine (boating) applications. This calls for a tablet with a BRIGHT sunlight readable screen and a rugged enclosure.

I was able to find a used Panasonic FZ-G1 in pretty good shape for a pretty good price. I've had Windows 10 running flawlessly and most of the apps I need can be had in Windows or Android flavor. However, I've just discovered a new app that is "MUST have" and Android only.

So I've been playing with Android-X86.

I was eventually able to install AND configure v7. 1 (Every version of 8 or 9 would just "loop" during initial setup)

Now I want to optimize the performance.

Thanks for any thoughts.
--
The Spartans do not ask the number of the enemy, only where they are.

Agix of Sparta

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 3, 2021, 10:19:05 PM8/3/21
to Android-x86
Alan Rothenbush <alan.ro...@gmail.com> 於 2021年8月4日 週三 上午7:16寫道:
> I'm unfamiliar with the internals of Android-X86, so forgive me this naive question.
> Will an SSD improve the performance of Android-X86?

Yes, it usually helps.

Huy Minh Bui

Aug 4, 2021, 4:26:50 AM8/4/21
to Android-x86

Speaking of SSD, can we run Android-x86 on F2FS yet ?

Vào lúc 09:19:05 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Tư, 4 tháng 8, 2021, Chih-Wei Huang đã viết: