Change some value in sources file

Bastien Chanot

May 21, 2019, 8:40:19 AM5/21/19
to Android-x86
Hi everyone !

I'm sharing with you the ways i found (or i didn't x)) to change some details directly in the source code to 'automatize' it (without make these configs changes once Android is running).

I personally want to change theses configs values :

1. - Enabling 'Stay awake' mode
2. - Set the default MEDIA Volume to 15 (max range)
3. - Enable the 'Native bridge' mode to get ARM libs (Available in settings->android x86->Enable Native bridge)

From here, I found the solution for 1 :

1. Change the value to <bool name="def_stay_on_while_plugged_in">true</bool> in frameworks/base/packages/SettingsProvider/res/values/defaults.xml
sources :

This one works !

But for 2 others, i tryied to

2. I tryied to change the default array volume of 'STREAM_MUSIC' in frameworks/base/media/java/android/medi/AudioSystem.java to '15'

3. I tryied to ads persist.sys.nativebridge=1 to  device/generic/common/system.prop
source : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-x86/native$20bridge%7Csort:date/android-x86/WCCx82N5S8o/Ihgs9_F9BgAJ

But both (2 & 3) Don't work. Do you have any idea to how to process to get theses values modifyed ?

Thnaks for your helps !

Regards, Bastien