Making a complete factory reset? (Lollipop alpha)

Guillermo Bianchi

Dec 29, 2014, 2:53:52 PM12/29/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i've started tinkering with the build published by Geek, and I was trying to fix the annoying Play Store 927 error. I noticed many apps that I preinstalled (I used a slim gapps package, worked pretty well except for 927 and a Music error in GooglePlayServices) had data already generated on it, and thought maybe something there was messing with the installation of apps. Wether or not this is related, I wanted to try doing a factory reset. The problem is, the normal reset won't work (I think it restarts in a special mode, but with x86 that just doesn't work). I tried a really stupid idea called "delete the /data partition", but that ended in an infinite loop until I renamed the original folder again. Then, I tried deleting the "/data/data" folder, and it almost seemed to work, but many things seemed to break (The home button just wouldn react, or the quick settings wouldn roll down in notifications, for example...)

Anyway... Do you have any ideas on how could someone do this? I have another partition with Manjaro (ArchLinux), so I can edit data manually over there... And if you have any ideas on 927, we can discuss it in the original thread I guess :P

Thanks for reading, waiting for your reply!