Nvidia for Android x86

Héctor Mola

Feb 19, 2015, 4:55:45 PM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I installed Android x86 4.4 on my older computer, but unfortunatelly Its GPU is a NVIDIA therefore I can only get to the command line.

Is there any way to load the GUI ? Neouvou driver does work?

My computer:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.200 MHZ)
Ram: 1,5 GB
GPU: GeForce 6800 (256MG)
HD: 200 GB (2 units)

Thanks in advance,

Héctor Mola

The Black Death

Feb 19, 2015, 6:51:59 PM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Try Searching the forum for pstglia and mario, They're the main ones working on Nvidea..

TBD

Mauro Rossi

Feb 20, 2015, 2:18:32 AM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Héctor,

The latest Test build with nouveau experimental support is at the following link:

http://android-x86-forums.hostreo.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=51

That version is based on kernel 3.8.15 and is without gapps, but it is the most updated.

Since GF6800 belongs to NV4x chipset family, you may be able to boot (I was able to with GF6200),
but you should also see some yet unresolved problems (e.g. the invisible mouse cursor).

In case you encounter problems, crashes of GUI, please collect  dmesg (better if kernel parameter for nouveau debugging)  and logcat (better if enabling egl error tracing)

Kernel parameters:

log_buf_len=1M drm.debug=6 nouveau.debug=debug

Booting in Debug mode and enabling EGL errors logging can help highlight some OpenGL errors, the output will go in /data/log.txt

[ALT]+[F1]
setprop debug.egl.trace error

[ALT]+[F7]

With this ISO you may need to push the gapps with adb shell from another PC.

Once upon a time, there was a way to enable SurfaceFlinger debug traces, with a command in the shell and setting a property,
but I don't know if that is still working.

Please, if someone in the Group/Community has more info about this, I have the objective to document all possible ways to collect useful logs.

Mauro

Julichi Garcia

Feb 20, 2015, 4:19:31 AM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Mauro, how can i push (google or other apps) by ADB push FROM ANOTHER PC? I have already installed y hdd this iso and testing it, but i don't know how if I can connect this PC to another to get ADB commands. I have a MALE-MALE USB cable. Is the same like I connect a mobile phone?
Sorry my poor english!

BlackDeath

Feb 20, 2015, 9:13:34 AM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
--
Putting this out there, If you hook a Straight Male - Male USB You can Blow out your computer, It needs to Be a USB Crossover Cable...

TBD

Mauro Rossi

Feb 20, 2015, 1:25:41 PM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julichi,

as a procedure to push gapps, you need to install on a drive (R/W partition), boot from the installed android-x86,
connect to LAN (wired ethernet or wireless) and find the assigned IP-address of android-x86, it's easy looking in ADSL router webgui.

On another PC install adb (android debug bridge) better with linux distribution, I use Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

After that download: https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip and extract in a folder,
descend in that folder:

cd gapps-kk-20140606-signed

connect to android-x86

adb connect [IP-address]

and push system/ folder to system/ folder of android-x86 install.

adb push system/ system/

reboot and you should be Ok.
Mauro

Thomas Hoberg

Feb 20, 2015, 2:58:00 PM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Basically you just need to copy the files inside the ZIP into the proper Android directories /system/app and /system/priv-app, correct the permissions and reboot.
You can do that by mounting the Android storage device into a PC running Linux or you can extract GAPPS to a USB stick and do it inside Android.

I've started using the last method, simply keeping a copy of the unzipped GAPPS on a VFAT USB stick that I put into the running 'naked' Android.

I them do a cd into the Gapps directory holding apps and priv-apps and do
cp -R app /system/app
cp -R priv-app /system/priv-app
chmod -R 755 /system
chown -R root:root /system
reboot

and voilá it's done!

Actually it's just a little dirty because APKs wind up being labeled as executable etc., but it works just fine.

The Black Death

Feb 20, 2015, 3:47:28 PM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
My Bad I Got your name wrong, Mauro Rossi

TBD

The Black Death

Feb 20, 2015, 3:51:22 PM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
And good call on the Ethernet/Wireless hookup, I Knew That But was More Concerned with someone hooking a Male-Male, As I understand it's like taking two Positive wires from different sources (currents) and connect them, Which Will Result in a blown fuse/or Fire...

TBD