A test of "5.0.2" on Asus VivoTab Note 8

yixi liang

Feb 19, 2015, 12:07:10 AM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello evrybody.

I have tried to boot some new image on my M80TA.

Images from:

Thanks for all the developers.

When I boot in Live with the origin grub2,I found that the OpenGL broken and I was stuck at the "android" logo.

then I tried to boot with cwhuang's Grub.cfg(change a bit) from the t100 4.4 r2 img,surprisly the OpenGL worked and I can go into the desktop.

but almost everything was broken except the Graphics.without a wifi I can't test many things.

However,I remember that somebody have said the wifi worked after installing.Then I install it on the USB Stick and fix the grub2,but everything went the same.

I don't know how to make a debug file,can anybody tell me?

I will try more.

yixi liang

Feb 19, 2015, 8:13:33 AM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I found that I just need to put this .txt file to /lib/firmware/brcm ,change the mac code ,then reboot, the wifi will work.

 What amazing.......
brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.txt

yixi liang

Feb 19, 2015, 8:15:57 AM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Still testing all the image...the install program is bad on Tablet and GPT disks.

Massimo D'Anna

Feb 19, 2015, 12:50:31 PM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i have a lenovo yoga tablet 2.   every android x86 i try doesn't boot.   i think it's something related to BIOS, which should be 32 bit.
i don't know exactly, because i'm very noob in this thing.
could you tell me which version has worked for you?

for me, it would sufficient also only live mode XD

yixi liang

Feb 19, 2015, 11:24:20 PM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
4.4-r2 for T100 (made by cwhuang) and all the image above using a special efi grub2.(here is my grub2)

在 2015年2月20日星期五 UTC+8上午1:50:31,Massimo D'Anna写道:
efi.rar

Massimo D'Anna

Feb 20, 2015, 5:25:54 AM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
could you link the one for t100?

and the others are the ones in your first post? are all 4 different?

yixi liang

Feb 20, 2015, 5:46:50 AM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-x86/an$20update/android-x86/FUiFCtrgc6I/Fqt8Rg-fpQkJ

Yes.All of them.but no touchscreen,no backlight setting,no audio.

在 2015年2月20日星期五 UTC+8下午6:25:54,Massimo D'Anna写道:

Massimo D'Anna

Feb 20, 2015, 6:02:37 AM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
ok, thanks.  other thing.. have you tried some 4.4?  did you managed to get working at least kitkat?

yixi liang

Feb 21, 2015, 1:56:42 AM2/21/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
sorry,i can't understand what you said because of my poor english(i'm from china).4.4r2 for t100 is a kitkat androidx86 too...but i can't make any android usable on my

tablet,including 4.4 and 5.0.x.touchscreen and audio is important for android.

Now you should better try duosm  on windows for daily using.it's usable and fast( slower than origin android surely)

在 2015年2月20日星期五 UTC+8下午7:02:37,Massimo D'Anna写道:

yixi liang

Feb 23, 2015, 11:30:19 AM2/23/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
the wifi firmware often make the system hanged (even hanged at loading).

Any solution about this?it drove me mad because it always hang when i testing something....  :(

Bernard

Dec 4, 2015, 9:05:08 PM12/4/15
to Android-x86
Did you get Android-x86 to boot ever on your Vivotab Note 8? I've tried various T100TA builds that seem to boot but there's no display. This would be a nice little tablet if it could boot android as well.