WiFi problem on Chih-Wei and Povilas images with Asus T100 TA

Buyuk Bang

Sep 9, 2015, 9:17:34 PM9/9/15
to Android-x86
First of all, thank you very much for the great work Chih-Wei and Povilas did for T100 series here!

I've a WiFİ problem with the latest images by both Povilas (Jul26) and Magic Stick v1.5 based on the Chih-Wei release. WiFi works for some random time between 30secs to 15 minutes after the first boot, but then it stops working. Turning off - on WiFi from Android settings cannot fix the problem. Only a reboot makes WiFi working again.

My tablet is T100TA-DK002H with 3740 processor and 32GB internal disk. WiFi is working fine with Windows so surely it's not a hardware problem.

I tried to deal with WiFi setting including sleep setting and enabling-disabling power saving for WiFi to work around the problem but none helped.

Any help on the issue would really appreciated!

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 9, 2015, 9:31:06 PM9/9/15
to Android-x86
Yes, I see the same problem.
Should be the driver or firmware issue.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Buyuk Bang

Sep 10, 2015, 8:05:18 AM9/10/15
to Android-x86
Thank you for your answer!  I'm happy to here that this is a known issue. I'll try what IamBackX5 recommended below link and share the results here:

Best regards