Intel VROC and VMD support for booting

Huy Minh Bùi (HMTheBoy154)

Oct 5, 2022, 12:14:54 PM10/5/22
to Android-x86
With the introduction of Intel 10th Gen and above, I saw that most of the laptop that have these CPUs will be integrated with some kind of virtual RAID like Intel VROC/VMD. This used to be troublesome for Linux and in order to boot, people have to either edit mkinitcpio or switch to AHCI instead.

On Android-x86, we obviously have to switch to AHCI because no one seems to take care of this yet. But I wonder if someone can came up with a solution.

crw

Oct 12, 2022, 9:56:35 PM10/12/22
to Android-x86
I wonder if inserting vmd.ko to initrd.img and insmod /vmd.ko early would work.