ScreenRecording on android-x86_64-8.1-r2

Krister Hallergard

Jul 24, 2019, 2:44:51 AM7/24/19
to Android-x86
Tried 5 apps of which DU Recorder, Recordable and Mobizen sort of  worked, though their frame rate was very low (3 seconds per frame).  They rather create slideshows than videos:  https://youtu.be/_DbNgQgB5ag

What can be done to get a more normal frame rate?  Some more details:  https://tinyurl.com/y64qbtdx

Mauro Rossi

Jul 24, 2019, 5:58:29 AM7/24/19
to Android-x86

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 8:44:51 AM UTC+2, Krister Hallergard wrote:
Tried 5 apps of which DU Recorder, Recordable and Mobizen sort of  worked, though their frame rate was very low (3 seconds per frame).  They rather create slideshows than videos:  https://youtu.be/_DbNgQgB5ag

What can be done to get a more normal frame rate?  Some more details:  https://tinyurl.com/y64qbtdx

Krister Hallergard

Jul 26, 2019, 4:02:52 AM7/26/19
to Android-x86
Thanks Mauro Rossi for the suggestion, but my Android-x86 is installed on a HDD partition, so I don't know how it could be done.

Mauro Rossi

Jul 26, 2019, 4:07:14 AM7/26/19
to Android-x86

On Friday, July 26, 2019 at 10:02:52 AM UTC+2, Krister Hallergard wrote:
Thanks Mauro Rossi for the suggestion, but my Android-x86 is installed on a HDD partition, so I don't know how it could be done.

by using an external PC with Linux OS or Windows
Mauro

Krister Hallergard

Jul 26, 2019, 8:45:42 AM7/26/19
to Android-x86
I have only got one PC with Windows, Linux and Android-x86 on different partitions.

Mauro Rossi

Jul 26, 2019, 11:18:00 AM7/26/19
to Android-x86

On Friday, July 26, 2019 at 2:45:42 PM UTC+2, Krister Hallergard wrote:
I have only got one PC with Windows, Linux and Android-x86 on different partitions.

Hi, I've never tried before this,
but you could attempt to launch Term+

su

screenrecord
[path to Downloads]/video.mp4

and see if the Android GUI session is recorded and push the video.mp4 file to Google Drive
Mauro

Krister Hallergard

Jul 27, 2019, 5:08:11 AM7/27/19
to Android-x86
Thanks, interesting!   But the Android-x86 system has to be rooted, which is above my skill level.  Maybe somebody who already has a rooted system on a HDD could try it, and report back!

Antony Stone

Jul 27, 2019, 5:12:16 AM7/27/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday 27 July 2019 at 11:08:11, Krister Hallergard wrote:

> Thanks, interesting! But the Android-x86 system has to be rooted, which
> is above my skill level.

In fact, it's probably more likely above your skill level to UNroot Android-
x86, since it is "rooted" by default.

> Maybe somebody who already has a rooted system on a HDD could try it, and
> report back!

You have - please do :)

Antony.

--
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Krister Hallergard

Jul 27, 2019, 9:22:46 AM7/27/19
to Android-x86
Antony, your are right of course, thanks!   So I made a couple of screen recordings with default settings 1920x1080, 60 fps and 20 Mbps.  Typical frame length was about 9 seconds, shorter when a major scene change happened, and longer when there was no movement - up to 14 seconds.  Minor movement such as mouse movement is not picked up at all.  GSpot reports 0.131 fps and  22 frames (probably just I-frames) in 264 seconds.

The quality was thus very similar to what I got with the three apps - slideshow rather than video.

Krister Hallergard

Jul 27, 2019, 12:08:50 PM7/27/19
to Android-x86
Also on PhoenixOS 3.5.0 the screenrecording frame rate is about 3 seconds per frame.  This with Recordable, the only app of the five I tested that worked at all. https://youtu.be/kn6cN-Gn_D8