How do I set resolution to 1920x1080?

Simon Mason

Jun 17, 2022, 6:05:50 PM6/17/22
to Android-x86
I have found multiple posts on how to do this but all with older versions and nothing matches what I am seeing on the screen.  I am running V9 r2.

Can someone point in the right direction?  Thanks.

İlhan Atahan

Jun 19, 2022, 12:45:54 PM6/19/22
to Android-x86
This might means system using software acceleration,
To check go to "Settings>About>Android Version" , if the OpenGL Renderer is google swiftshader, than thats it.

If not, than try using kernel line parameter video=1920x1080@60 , or set property  "debug.drm.mode.force" to 1920x1080@60

Simon Mason

Jun 19, 2022, 10:53:01 PM6/19/22
to Android-x86
Thanks - the rendered is not swiftshader - it is Intel so presumably hardware?

How do I add the kernel line parameters as suggested?  I am not familiar with customizing this.  Thanks

Episteme PROMENEUR

Jun 27, 2022, 1:24:38 AM6/27/22
to Android-x86
This is what I found by googling.

2. Figure out what is the ‘hex’-value for your VideoMode:
2.1. Start the VM
2.2. In GRUB menu enter a (Android >=6.0: e)
2.3. In the next screen append vga=ask and press Enter
2.4. Find your resolution and write down/remember the 'hex'-value for Mode column

3. Translate the value to decimal notation (for example 360 hex is 864 in decimal).

4. Go to menu.lst and modify it:
4.1. From the GRUB menu select Debug Mode
4.2. Input the following:

mount -o remount,rw /mnt
cd /mnt/grub
vi menu.lst

4.3. Add vga=864 (if your ‘hex’-value is 360). Now it should look like this:

    kernel /android-2.3-RC1/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot_hardware=eeepc acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode DPI=160 UVESA_MODE=320x480 SRC=/android-2.3-RC1 SDCARD=/data/sdcard.img vga=864

4.4. Save it:

:wq

Unmount and reboot:

cd /