How do we fix the drives about RTL8723AU(usb)?

Fang Zhou

Dec 8, 2014, 9:53:56 AM12/8/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,everyone
I am a fans about android-86 works for years,and used android-86 on my device,yoga11s/yoga13,actually in recent month.
Almost hw is ok,but only wifi not.There are lots of fans using yoga as I known.
So,how do we fix the drives about RTL8723AU(usb) on 4.4.4 or 5.0?

device:yoga13,yoga11s
Modem:Realtek RTL8723AU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

Thank you very much for this great project.

André Vitor

Dec 9, 2014, 3:47:43 PM12/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Enable it in your kernel configs.

Folder:
./kernel/arch/x86/configs
File:
android-x86_defconfig
Line 4968:
Change "# CONFIG_R8723AU is not set" to "CONFIG_R8723AU=m"

You should be able to use wifi now.
Notice that this driver is implemented on staging folder which means the driver's quality is not perfect.
You may get some bugs after connecting certain wifi.