Confirming OS is derived from Android-x86

Guan Zhang

Jun 28, 2021, 7:39:27 PM6/28/21
to Android-x86
Hi all:

I'm curious what is the best way to confirm that an OS is derived from Android-x86? For instance if I have access to an Android OS running on x86 hardware, what are some files I can check to confirm, or can we kind of just unequivocally say that all Android OSes running on x86 hardware is based/derived on the Android-x86 project?

This is not a troll post, I'm honestly curious, thanks for your thoughts!

err...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2021, 7:42:16 PM6/28/21
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You can check for the precense of a JIT. I forget how but that’s how Snapchat does it

İlhan Atahan

Jun 29, 2021, 3:08:15 AM6/29/21
to Android-x86
I think you can look at this ;
Ekran görüntüsü 2021-06-29 100749.png

Guan Zhang

Jun 29, 2021, 3:23:27 AM6/29/21
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Interesting idea. init for mine is a little different, but I did find this:
image.png
So I guess one way is to do a recursive grep for Android-x86 founder's name in the filesystem :-)