Can boot Android 4.4 RC2 on AMD A8-4500m, But periodical system hang, screen blackout, graphics glitches (probably driver problem)

Mashnoon Ibtesum

May 20, 2014, 10:51:19 PM5/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Awesome work dev.! This build finally works on my Gateway NV (with AMD A8-4500m, ati 7640 graphics) , but as mentioned, periodical, system hang, screen blackout, graphics glitches are still there (maybe needs a proper gpu driver! Help?

It crashes especially when using chrome and youtube!

Specs:
AMD A8-4500m APU
Redeon 7640g
6 gig ram
Installed on 100 gig ext3 pertition

pstglia

May 22, 2014, 8:14:00 AM5/22/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a a10 5800k (radeon 7660d) and I have a similar issue running 4.4 rc2. I think this is related to mesa 9.2.0

u can try the alternative iso from this post
. This iso was created using mesa 10.1.1.
No glitch problems on my hardware

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/android-x86/84d-brSsUSc