Android x86 stuck at android logo.

Kubek Szklany

Mar 21, 2020, 7:36:07 AM3/21/20
to Android-x86
Hello. I tried to install android x86 but it stuck at android logo when booting. Live version works very good, it boots and everything works. But when i try to auto install it to hard drive it stuck at android logo. What can be the problem? When i switch to console by alt + f1 I see: Detecting Android-x86..... found at /dev/sda1 x86_64:/ # _ .

Antony Stone

Mar 21, 2020, 8:00:00 AM3/21/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday 21 March 2020 at 12:36:07, Kubek Szklany wrote:

> Hello. I tried to install android x86

Which version, and on what?

Tell us at least what CPU and GPU you are using.

> but it stuck at android logo when booting. Live version works very good, it
> boots and everything works. But when i try to auto install it to hard drive
> it stuck at android logo.

Tell us more about the hard drive:

- is it partitioned?

- does it have another O/S already installed?

- are you trying to install Android-x86 alongside that O/S, or instead?

- what file system (EXT, NTFS, etc) are you trying to install Android-x86 on?

> What can be the problem? When i switch to console by alt + f1 I see:
> Detecting Android-x86..... found at /dev/sda1 x86_64:/ # _ .

Any other information you can provide about the machine is probably useful for
someone to be able to help you.

Antony.

--
Warum können Seeräuber nicht den Umfang eines Kreises berechnen?
Weil sie Piraten...

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Kubek Szklany

Mar 21, 2020, 8:09:47 AM3/21/20
to Android-x86
Tried android 5 and 8, ext4 and ntfs, my device is venue 11 pro (i5 version), i tried install it to usb drive, i tried disconnect ssd drive but it not help, yes it is partitioned (it boots up, but stuck at android logo). Sometimes it not stuck on android logo, but after half a hour of displaying logo screens go black and i see "pixel configuration not responding" or something like that.

Joerg Droege

Mar 26, 2020, 7:38:47 PM3/26/20
to Android-x86
I do have the exact same problem! I also installed it on the Ext4 filesystem

Here you can see the detailed overview of the hardware I use: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Fujitsu-LifeBook-T902-Convertible.87552.0.html

Interestingly, while the  The Android-x86 9.0-r2 does not work , neither live boot via usb stick or installed on the machine, the last  The Android-x86 9.0-rc2 worked! This means something between the release candidate 2 and the final you changed which broke it