Set fixed IP address in Android-x86

hgc2002

Mar 6, 2012, 1:29:02 AM3/6/12
to Android-x86
I'm using a Froyo (2.2) machine (x86) with Ethernet and DHCP.
I need to make it work with a fixed IP, but everything I try fails.
Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Herman

Ron M

Mar 6, 2012, 5:34:53 AM3/6/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Assuming your eth device is "eth0", try the following from the console:

ifconfig eth0 <your static ip> netmask <your net mask>
route add default gw <your gateway> dev eth0

Suerte,
Ron

Brian Raker

Mar 6, 2012, 1:42:53 PM3/6/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Or have your DHCP server reserve a 'pseudo-static' IP address for your laptop's MAC address.

-BR

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:29 AM, hgc2002 <herman.gomez@....com> wrote:
> I'm using a Froyo (2.2) machine (x86) with Ethernet and DHCP.
> I need to make it work with a fixed IP, but everything I try fails.
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Herman

pintafontes