how to config use libEGL_emulation.so in vbox.

Aaron Wang

Feb 14, 2015, 11:09:01 PM2/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm newer to android x86.
What I'm doing is running it in vbox.and usr libopengrender to enable GPU accelerate.
I have view the source code, default, it user qemu-pipe to communication with host.
My question is:
1.Can simple change qeme-pipe in libegl_emulation to socket, I see the code is "USE_QEMU_PIPE = 1". Just change to 0?
2.How can i config the vbox guest to use libegl_emulation.so, just modify /sysytem/lib/egl/egl.cfg? In source code build/target/board/generic_x86/BoardConfig.mk BUILD_EMULATOR_OPENGL := true
but in build/target/board/vbox_x86/BoardConfig.mk .no *OPENGL settings.

Now, I'm build the android x86 with make iso_img TARGET_PRODUCT=generic_x86
is this right. or I should use make iso_img TARGET_PRODUCT=vbox_x86?

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 15, 2015, 11:46:10 AM2/15/15
to Android-x86
Both generic_x86 and vbox_x86 are not maintained by android-x86 project.
They are in the AOSP tree, but I doubt they are not actively maintained.
Especially the vbox_x86 I think it's totally obsolete.
If you want to use them, you are on your own.

GPU acceleration on Vbox is not supported by android-x86 yet.
Welcome to contribute it, of course.
> --

Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

Aaron Wang

Feb 16, 2015, 11:47:02 AM2/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,Chih-Wei

I have a problem in build jb-x86 with "make iso_img TARGET_PRODUCT=android_x86" and
make: *** Directory: out/target/product/x86/root/data
没有规则可以创建“out/target/product/x86/android_x86.iso”需要的目标“out/target/product/x86/kernel”。 停止。

I try "make kernel", but it see nothing to do..

I find GPU acceleration in Genymotion who run android-x86 in VBOX. It just forward opengl to host, and use the libOpenglRender.dll in AOSP. If I can build the jb-x86, I will do the same.

在 2015年2月16日星期一 UTC+8上午12:46:10,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 16, 2015, 8:55:46 PM2/16/15
to Android-x86
> Hi ,Chih-Wei
>
> I have a problem in build jb-x86 with "make iso_img
> TARGET_PRODUCT=android_x86" and
> make: *** Directory: out/target/product/x86/root/data
> 没有规则可以创建“out/target/product/x86/android_x86.iso”需要的目标“out/target/product/x86/kernel”。
> 停止。
>
> I try "make kernel", but it see nothing to do..

Then you are not using the android-x86 source tree,
or your tree is incomplete.

> I find GPU acceleration in Genymotion who run android-x86 in VBOX. It just
> forward opengl to host, and use the libOpenglRender.dll in AOSP. If I can
> build the jb-x86, I will do the same.

Genymotion is not open sourced and
nothing to do with android-x86.
I believe they have some proprietary code to make it work.
You want to do the same?
Then you need to write the same code as they did.

Aaron Wang

Feb 17, 2015, 1:36:11 AM2/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes,
Rishi Ranjan had ask you why he can do it in kitkat-x86,but lollipop don't work, I want to do this on jb-x86.

Back to my problem, I had run "repo sync" serviral times. no error happen.
I had sync the ics-x86, and build OK .
I sync jb-x86 with follow command
"repo init -u http://git.android-x86.org/manifest -b jb-x86"
"repo sync -j32"

Should I sync code from SourceForge or just run "repo sync"?

Happy Chinese New Year!

在 2015年2月17日星期二 UTC+8上午9:55:46,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

Aaron Wang

Feb 17, 2015, 2:14:01 AM2/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
May be the problem is:
I can find file kernel.mk in built/core/tasks/ in my kitkat-x86 work copy.
But there is no kernel.mk in jb-x86 work copy.
How can I resync the build/ directory?

在 2015年2月17日星期二 UTC+8上午9:55:46,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 17, 2015, 2:48:44 AM2/17/15
to Android-x86
> Yes,
> Do you remember
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.android.x86/25170
> Rishi Ranjan had ask you why he can do it in kitkat-x86,but lollipop don't
> work, I want to do this on jb-x86.

Actually no.
But thanks for reminding that.
I'll re-check what Rishi did.

> Back to my problem, I had run "repo sync" serviral times. no error happen.
> I had sync the ics-x86, and build OK .
> I sync jb-x86 with follow command
> "repo init -u http://git.android-x86.org/manifest -b jb-x86"
> "repo sync -j32"

I see.
You are using jb-x86 and it's broken.
That's right. Someone just pointed out it in another post.

Basically speaking, jb-x86 is not maintained so
you should not use it anymore.
If you really want it, try to revert
the last commit in the kernel dir.
(or cherry-pick the kernel.mk change from kitkat-x86
in build/ dir)

> Should I sync code from SourceForge or just run "repo sync"?

No. It's not maintained, either. Sorry.

Aaron Wang

Feb 17, 2015, 11:05:00 AM2/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I see.
Thank you very much.
Sorry to bother you.
I have build the kitkat-x86.
I'll try to build jb-x86 later.

在 2015年2月17日星期二 UTC+8下午3:48:44,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

Aaron Wang

Feb 19, 2015, 12:01:38 PM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'd try copy kernel.mk from kitkat-x86 to jb-x86. It's work.
Thank you.

在 2015年2月17日星期二 UTC+8下午3:48:44,Chih-Wei Huang写道: