Distortion in screen when starting X86

Julien Zedd

Aug 26, 2020, 7:43:45 AM8/26/20
to Android-x86

Hello, i have a problem.

I have installed android X86 about 2 weeks ago, and i don't know how to solve this problem, but my screen is all distorted.

Do you have an idea of what is the problem ? And how to solve it ?
20200813_160041.jpg

Antony Stone

Aug 26, 2020, 10:49:32 AM8/26/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 26 August 2020 at 13:43:44, Julien Zedd wrote:

> I have installed android X86 about 2 weeks ago, and i don't know how to
> solve this problem, but my screen is all distorted.

1. Was it like that from when you installed it, or has this changed since
then?

2. Which version of Android-x86 have you installed?

3. Have you tried any other versions on the same machine?

4. What machine are you installing it on (CPU type and GPU type are the most
important bits of information)?

5. Presumably the screen doesn't look like this for the Bios menu - what do
you see next and at what point does the display change?

Summary - give us more information and we might have an idea how to help.

Regards,

Antony.

--
There are 10 types of people in the world:
those who understand binary notation,

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Julien Zedd

Aug 26, 2020, 12:02:17 PM8/26/20
to Android-x86
Hello and thanks for answering.

1) It was like this when I installed it. I must add that in the console mode, i don't have this distortion.

2) On my booting key I have "cm-x86-14.1-r4" so i think this is this version : 8.1-r4 (https://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-8-1-r4.html)

3) I didn't try other version as i had already trouble doing this.

4) I'm installing it on my "acer aspire 3 R9X9" (CPU : AMD Ryzen 3 2200U, GPU : Radeon Vega 3, 8Go ram, 64 bit windows 10 on my main OS)

5) The display change as soon as android is trying to display something. Yes in Bios mode and on windows, everything is okay.

Hope that will help.

Huy Minh Bui

Aug 26, 2020, 11:44:32 PM8/26/20
to Android-x86
For Vega graphic Android-x86 isn't support yet so you might have to use nomodeset option.

Vào lúc 23:02:17 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Tư, 26 tháng 8, 2020, Julien Zedd đã viết:

08 Aswanth N

Aug 27, 2020, 12:08:37 AM8/27/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Huy Minh , Can your mesa support GTX 1050ti?

Julien Zedd

Aug 27, 2020, 4:15:14 AM8/27/20
to Android-x86
Hello,

I tried modifying that but i can't find the grub, i don't know where he is...

Thanks for your help

Huy Minh Bui

Aug 27, 2020, 5:38:30 AM8/27/20
to Android-x86
You mean the one on SG website ? Yes.

But remember that it's only for Android 7.1

Vào lúc 11:08:37 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Năm, 27 tháng 8, 2020, yapove...@gmail.com đã viết:

Huy Minh Bui

Aug 27, 2020, 5:39:35 AM8/27/20
to Android-x86
You can use a Live Linux USB to look around for the grub partition

If you are using UEFI, it might be in EFI partition

Vào lúc 15:15:14 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Năm, 27 tháng 8, 2020, Julien Zedd đã viết: