nick hurst

Jun 12, 2014, 10:00:14 AM6/12/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
today i started my compaq presario cq57 laptop with the wifi turned off and not turning back on, this is a known bug i guess to me and i knew how to fix it so i turned it off by pressing and holding the power button, i did this hundreds of times before it worked just fine but now its in what im guessing a bootloop because its doing nothing but showing the boot animation, usually it takes less then 2 minutes to start but it was taking over 5 minutes

mike r

Jun 12, 2014, 11:13:21 PM6/12/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You can try and go in and delete cache and dalvik cache. Might get it back. But in the future I'd not drop the OS like that, I know its a pain I have the same problem with the wifi...and it sux.

Mike

nick hurst

Jun 13, 2014, 10:50:20 AM6/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
how can i do that when i cant start it up, i know im an idiot, i can get in the debug mode

mike r

Jun 14, 2014, 8:30:56 AM6/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a Dual Boot, or a Linux LiveCD? If you Have a Dual Boot use WIndows and EXT2 Manager, And Go into the Root Dir and you'll see a Folder called cache, The Go into data dir and you'll see dalvik cache, If you have no access to the inerds I'd re-install....

Let me know, I'll try and help.

Mike

nick hurst

Jun 14, 2014, 1:26:48 PM6/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Android is the only operating system but I do have a backtrack live cd but it doesn't detect my hard drive, gparted doesn't recognize it either

mike r

Jun 14, 2014, 1:32:09 PM6/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok As Long as you have another OS, And IF You Installed X86 With RW Access, Boot into your Linux and go to root in your X86 "\chache" and delete contents, then go to "\data\dalvick cache" and delete contents, then try and boot your X86 Install...

If that doesn't do it, I'd got with a re-install, and maybe it'll let you keep everything you have already installed, If you end up having to re-install and it does let you keep your apps, forst thing delete the cache and dalvik then reboot....

Mike

nick hurst

Jun 14, 2014, 2:37:19 PM6/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Last thing, I had to reinstall it before and when I did it I lost everything so how can I reinstall it with out losing anything, does it have to do with replacing the .IMG when I install it. and how can I add more space to. it because you can't have a lot of space and since I use kitkat I can't move apps thanks

mike r

Jun 15, 2014, 10:30:00 AM6/15/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
tmp_3848-Screenshot_2014-06-15-09-23-48-1870579194.png

mike r

Jun 15, 2014, 10:30:35 AM6/15/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sounds Like you didn't install the OS as Read\Write, If you didn't, your probably stuck, I don't really know anything about installing it with out the Read\Write Enabled, BUT if you do re-install, When It asks you if you want to make the OS Read\Write Say yes, Then you can get access to the Guts, I Have my Install on a 15Gig Partition, and I have Access to all of it....When I go to install, It asks to Fromat I say NO, Then To Update GRUB\Bootloader, Then It detects the OS and Asks if you want to update...

See Attachment

Mike