Install Android 5.1.1 64-bit with UEFI system

Billy RazOr

Dec 7, 2015, 8:17:24 PM12/7/15
to Android-x86
Hi guys! I have some few questions.

1. Can anybody know how to install Android 5.1.1 64-bit(IMG file) with UEFI system for GPT partition?

2. If I install this OS without GRUB bootloader will still OK with create a boot entry in BCDedit with UEFI(EFI) support?

3. If I uninstall Android 5.1.1, but I'm using Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 with dual-boot system(I deleted Windows 10 boot entry for temporary, so I stayed Windows 8.1), so I gonna choose what OS CD/DVD installation for recommended to fix bootloader?

4. When uninstalling Android 5.1.1 in GPT, what kind of command will fix the bootloader without failing boot Windows OS? (like "bootrec /fixboot" after "/fixmbr"? But my HDD are GPT partitions, not MBR)

I hope everyone will reply me for answers. Thanks! ;)

===:My laptop specs:===
Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-571G)
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) and Windows 10 (also 64-bit) -----> dual-boot system
Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2GHz (up to 2.7GHz)
Intel HD Graphics 5500 and NVIDIA GeForce 840M (GPU) with 2GB VRAM
4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM RAM
1TB Toshiba internal HDD

Jeroen van Wamelen

Dec 8, 2015, 11:59:55 AM12/8/15
to Android-x86
I would also like to know how I would go about installing the img. I've tried using Win32DiskImager & Linux Live USB Creator but I cannot boot from them. Secure boot is turned off & UEFI is enabled.

Device Specs:

Sony Tap 11 (SVT1122S9EB)
Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i5 4210Y
Intel Lyncx Point-LP, Intel Haswell
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
128GB Sata SSD Samsung MZMTD128HAFV-00004

Jeroen van Wamelen

Dec 9, 2015, 2:16:26 PM12/9/15
to Android-x86
You need to write the image via Rufus >> DD image preset.
For it to boot you must also disable secure boot and erase any keys if applicable. (for my Sony Tap 11 it was)
You can then create a linux filesystem partition and format it as ext4. (You can shrink your windows partition using disk management in win10)
The partition numbers sda[x] should line up with the numbers in the partitioning tool.
It works and I can run Android, but the Grub/Grub2 boot manager won't stick. It just boots to windows.

rbg

Dec 9, 2015, 3:08:02 PM12/9/15
to Android-x86

Jeroen van Wamelen

Dec 9, 2015, 4:16:48 PM12/9/15
to Android-x86
Thanks, I already followed this guide to get it working:

But having easy installer tools is always a very big plus to lower the barrier of entry. I will keep an eye on it.

Billy RazOr

Dec 14, 2015, 1:59:54 AM12/14/15
to Android-x86
Thanks for your information! But the android x86 in UEFI mode are supported both grub/grub2 or grub2 only and will need to use grub2win for create android boot loader for BCD?

おとめ座ひなたぼっこ

Dec 14, 2015, 7:30:52 PM12/14/15
to Android-x86
How to install img file, also if grub2 is install on uefi partition , how to remove it later. I ask for my Yoga