i915 black screen on wake

BrokenE39

Dec 14, 2019, 12:08:53 AM12/14/19
to Android-x86
As part of my troubleshooting with sleep. I found out there's some kind of bug in Linux that apparently been around for a few years. The first link describes the problem the poster has and the second link is the official bug report. Someone in Intel developed a patch for the intel_tool_reg.c file. I tried looking for it in 9.0 RC1 source files but it doesn't exist. Could one of the developers comment on how this patch be implemented or we have to wait for upstream driver fix?

Mauro Rossi

Dec 14, 2019, 3:07:00 PM12/14/19
to Android-x86
Hi,
intel_tool_reg.c file is just used to collect a dump required for triaging the issue,
however it is not the fix needed for the actual problem.

In order to port to android-x86 kernel active branch, there is nothing yet to port.
Mauro

Daniel Cheung

Dec 14, 2019, 3:25:08 PM12/14/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
That's what I thought. The intel_tool_reg seem like something related to dumping and don't know how it relates to fixing this particular problem, which is why I asked someone with more knowledge to take a read at the posts. Looks like I just have to wait a bit to see what is being fixed upstream.