simulating a tablet ?

Episteme PROMENEUR

Jun 27, 2022, 1:15:21 AMJun 27
to Android-x86
openSUSE Tumbleweed
android-x86 7.1-r5

I want to install WhatsApp.
If I do that, then WhatsApp in my smartphone is disconnected.

I assume that WhatsApp thinks android-x86 is a phone.

How to do for WhatsApp thinking android-x86 is a tablet ?

Are there any settings for this ?

Thanks

İlhan Atahan

Jun 27, 2022, 4:59:48 AMJun 27
to Android-x86
Whatsapp does not support working on more than one device simultaneously.

If you wish to use whatsapp on android-x86 you can use Whatsapp Web on browser.

Episteme PROMENEUR

Jun 27, 2022, 5:07:02 AMJun 27
to Android-x86
WhatsApp now gets  multiple device installation, but not 2 smartphones. The feature is called "associated device".

https://web.whatsapp.com/ is not complete: no video call.

That's why I installed WhatsApp in an android-x86 QEMU VM and use it with success.

Episteme PROMENEUR

Jun 27, 2022, 5:35:24 AMJun 27
to Android-x86
Ok i misunderstood "associated device" is a PC, not any device with android.