App keep stopping

Zi Jian Loon

Jun 30, 2021, 12:42:53 AM6/30/21
to Android-x86
Hi, I have successfully installed Android x86 64-bit 9.0-r2 in my hard disk (partition). Everything works fine except for most of the apps I have installed like Clash Royale and DJI Go 4.

Native bridge has already been enabled but these app always crashed on startup. Any fix for this?

Scripter Provider

Jun 30, 2021, 8:54:46 AM6/30/21
to andro...@googlegroups.com

That might be a compatibility issue. Its because most apps dont like the x86 or x86-64 arcitechture. And i dont know how to fix that because im a complete noob at those kind of stuff

I use old gmail (for android 2.3) just for fun

On Jun 30, 2021 12:43 PM, "Zi Jian Loon" <loon.zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I have successfully installed Android x86 64-bit 9.0-r2 in my hard disk (partition). Everything works fine except for most of the apps I have installed like Clash Royale and DJI Go 4.

Native bridge has already been enabled but these app always crashed on startup. Any fix for this?

Guan Zhang

Jul 2, 2021, 1:26:13 AM7/2/21
to Android-x86
You can check adb logs for more information on the crashes. It's possible these games are doing root detection and thus failing to start.

John Maier

Jul 7, 2021, 4:05:49 PM7/7/21
to Android-x86
Odd, I though I had responded to this thread, so if this is a duplicate, I'm sorry.
My experience with the 9.0 r2 has not been good.  I experience constant hanging and crashing, so I would go with the 8.1-r6 released  2021/06/23.
I've been using 8.1-r5, and it has been quite good, and r6 seems equally reliable.
As for the Native Bridge, it is hit and miss, but mostly good.  I've not tried Clash Royale, but Clash of Clans works great on 8.1.
Just yesterday, I was curious if Pokemon Go,  would work on 8.1-r6, using Native Bridge, and it did! Well sort of... it let me get to the point where I could login, but the authentication always failed.
I can't say is was Android x86's (Ax86) fault, as it could be be that Niantic is blocking, detecting that I'm running under x86.  I need to turn on logging to see if there are any errors, before I cast judgment.

I like the Microsoft Launcher, and it works wonderfully on Ax86, but the oddly Microsoft Edge just comes up to a white screen, and does nothing.  Given, these apps may be cross compiled to x86 code, which would make sense since Microsoft announced on Jun 24, 2021, that "Microsoft would offer the option to run Android apps on its new operating system, powered by a new “Intel Bridge” compiler that helps those apps run on x86 systems."

My success with Ax86 8.1 will keep me with it, until 9.0-rc3, or higher comes out to test.

On Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 7:54:46 AM UTC-5 scripter...@gmail.com wrote:

That might be a compatibility issue. Its because most apps dont like the x86 or x86-64 arcitechture. And i dont know how to fix that because im a complete noob at those kind of stuff

I use old gmail (for android 2.3) just for fun

On Jun 30, 2021 12:43 PM, "Zi Jian Loon" <loon.zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I have successfully installed Android x86 64-bit 9.0-r2 in my hard disk (partition). Everything works fine except for most of the apps I have installed like Clash Royale and DJI Go 4.

Native bridge has already been enabled but these app always crashed on startup. Any fix for this?

John Maier

Jul 7, 2021, 4:05:49 PM7/7/21
to Android-x86
I too have experienced this with the  Android x86 64-bit 9.0-r2  release.  I tried on multiple different devices from different manufacturers and different Intel chip sets.
If you want to use Android x86 I would recommend the latest 8.0 release.  For the most part I have had no issues with it.  If you need to run an Arm app, the native bridge support is pretty good.

Guan Zhang

Jul 7, 2021, 8:16:45 PM7/7/21
to andro...@googlegroups.com
"Intel Bridge" is most likely just Houdini. I guess we'll see when
they add support for Android apps in future updates of Windows 11
Insider Preview.
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-x86/05cb2088-0f72-4e87-bd5d-2aeb3b083857n%40googlegroups.com.

Jotham Sia

Jul 9, 2021, 12:44:37 AM7/9/21
to Android-x86

I have to reinstall android x-86 64bit 9.0r2 to get to see and connect to wifi, Please Help