Intel GM45 Support

Lee Wei Peow

Mar 6, 2016, 11:18:26 AM3/6/16
to Android-x86
Latest 6.0 build couldn't boot on Dell Latitude E5500 (Intel GM45). After "ANDROID root@x86:/ # ", whole screen blank and nothing happened. Same for debug mode.
Previous Kitkat R5 build works. Latest 6.0 build from Android x86.net works too. Can this be fixed on the next release?

Miker1029

Mar 6, 2016, 11:20:48 AM3/6/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have the GM45 Chipset on my DELL Inspiron 1750 And it boots fine, Might want to check into something else that could be causing the problem....

Mike

On 3/6/2016 10:18 AM, Lee Wei Peow wrote:
Latest 6.0 build couldn't boot on Dell Latitude E5500 (Intel GM45). After "ANDROID root@x86:/ # ", whole screen blank and nothing happened. Same for debug mode.
Previous Kitkat R5 build works. Latest 6.0 build from Android x86.net works too. Can this be fixed on the next release?

Lee Wei Peow

Mar 6, 2016, 11:23:29 AM3/6/16
to Android-x86
Well, this is weird. I can't even get into the console (CTRL+ALT+F1). Not even any USB/WiFi activity.

Lee Wei Peow

Mar 6, 2016, 11:24:50 AM3/6/16
to Android-x86
I've tried on my dad's Dell E5500 (same specs) but didn't works too.

Miker1029

Mar 6, 2016, 11:26:54 AM3/6/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Well, The One I got to boot was the First one out, I haven't tried since then, or even kept track of any updates, You can try the First ones on my site (Built By RBG), that's the one that worked for me, But youtube, Not rooted, and all the original problems, but it did boot....

Lee Wei Peow

Mar 7, 2016, 5:55:26 AM3/7/16
to Android-x86
Can I have your site please?
Even AnDex 6.0.1 builds didn't works too.
Now trying RemixOS. Will report about it later.

mike...@android-x86.net

Mar 7, 2016, 9:37:00 AM3/7/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
www.android-x86.net but I think you'd be better off with remix os

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Lee Wei Peow

Mar 8, 2016, 3:08:48 AM3/8/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Just tried RemixOS. Kernel Panic on reading data partition on boot.
Oh, your site is android-x86.net! Sorry, I'm just a kid :{ , didn't know about this
Then, I would like to thank you because your build (latest Marshmalllow) works perfectly on my Dell E5500 !
Only problem is the File Manager. Couldn't retrive Filesystem information, thus causing files couldn't be read by CMFile, although su access has been given to it. Temporary fix by using CMFile 3.0 from xda-dev
Dell E5500 do have a light sensor like android phones have. Can I get the android Autobrightness feature to work on my device? According to debug log, Android-x86 has detected it on boot but auto-brightness wasn't working.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.

mike...@android-x86.net

Mar 8, 2016, 3:53:42 PM3/8/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Good to hear you found one that worked. I didn't build them tho most builds on the site are from RBG. And I'm not a DEV just trying to have a centralized location for DEVS to place there test builds till they're ready for full release...

So ask around here or my site. There's alot scattered around on both sites on those issues..

Mike

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

György Pejović

Mar 9, 2016, 6:41:37 PM3/9/16
to Android-x86
My latest project

Tested on Zoostorm Kangaroo vme50 (Intel GM45 Chipset) and Samsung RV515 (AMD Caicos)

Screenshots

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 9, 2016, 8:59:06 PM3/9/16
to Android-x86
> My latest project

Could you explain more details about your project?

> Tested on Zoostorm Kangaroo vme50 (Intel GM45 Chipset) and Samsung RV515
> (AMD Caicos)
> Screenshots

Can't get a clear idea from the screenshots.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Lee Wei Peow

Mar 10, 2016, 3:58:00 AM3/10/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com

It was like a customizable version of android, like CyanogenMod
Very interested. Downloading the iso now.

Hypo Turtle

Mar 10, 2016, 7:53:06 AM3/10/16
to Android-x86
It's AICP - but they don't seem to have a feature list anywhere - other than it being AOKP + extra features ; so at the very least it's a deeper base code change that CM right?

AOKP/AOSP are bases; and CM is based upon AOSP...

Lee Wei Peow

Mar 12, 2016, 3:12:19 AM3/12/16
to Android-x86
It booted on my Dell E5500, but power button doesn't works. Same for the ported CarbonROM x86. Will stick to Android-x86.net 6.0.1 build first
Since I'm having a week long school holiday now, will try to build from the github by my own

Anthony Toste

Mar 12, 2016, 9:45:52 AM3/12/16
to Android-x86
I dislike RemixOS as I think it more like Chrome OS then Android OS