Oreo RC1 Headphone and Bluetooth Audio

BrokenE39

Sep 30, 2018, 4:18:50 AM9/30/18
to Android-x86
I moved up to Oreo RC1 standard ISO from a custom build Nougat R2 to see if I can get better hardware acceleration in media streaming. After some experimenting using System UI and Tasker, it turns out the device thinks the headphone is always plugged in even tho I have nothing plugged into the 3.5mm jack. Furthermore, plugging in and removing the headphone doesn't trigger a Headphone Unplug event. Not a huge problem because I prefer to use the headphones anyway but curious on how to configure the device correctly so I can pass on the knowledge to other Teclast X98 Plus owners.

Another issue I notice is that if I use Bluetooth headset, the video stream would shudders and make the experience unacceptable. I experimented with a Monoprice 3.5mm Bluetooth transmitter with the same BT Headset and there is no shudder. My tablet uses the RT8723BS combination chip (wifi + BT). Is there a solution for this problem with this specific chip?