Android x86 4.4-r1 Grub .97 Failure Acer W500

Benjamin Oh

Sep 6, 2014, 8:42:36 PM9/6/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
So I have created a live boot usb using both unetbootin and linux live usb for the Android x86 4.4-r1 iso. After installing from usb either way, onto a completely formatted W500, android will start just fine, but on restart without usb, it stops at the grub terminal with a blinking cursor and stating it is, "version .97". Can anyone tell me how to edit the menu.lst file so that it will be able to find and automatically boot Android, which is located on the only hard disk and is the primary/only partition. To clarify, I am attempting to make the tablet a android only device, with no dual boot. Is this possible?

Thank you, and apologies if this is not appropriate for your group.

mike r

Sep 8, 2014, 9:50:39 PM9/8/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I won't swear to it but I was having some grub issues today with Linux, windows,and x86 and read that .97 is pre grub and won't even boot XP. Not sure if this is your problem with x86. But it could be... Hope it helped a little.

Mike