Hangouts video chat crash, anyone have any ideas?

Alexander Bock

Aug 18, 2014, 1:30:44 PM8/18/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I've been playing around with the latest Android x86 a bit and so far it seems to be working very well both in my VMWare Fusion VM and on an old Asus Eeepc 1005HA. Good work!

However, I have spotted one error. While the Play Store works just fine and also allows me to install other apps like Hangouts, Hangouts itself doesn't seem to work properly. When you try to do join a Hangout (i.e. video/audio call), it force closes. At first, after checking logcat, I thought it was a missing library, but after manually installing GmsCore.apk without result, it seems to be something else.

Here's the output of "logcat | grep -v audio_hw_primary": http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Xb2UPKr2

Does anyone have an idea what could might be happening here and how I might be able to get around it?

Cheers,
Alex