Android - Touch Screen X Axis Reversed - Using Egalaxtouch (Carputer project)

Phil Buck

Oct 29, 2014, 9:06:42 AM10/29/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey, In The Process Of Making A Car Computer & Bench Testing It Running The Latest Version Of Android As I Love Its Touch Screen Interface & Is A Very Small Fast,Reliable OS.

Im Using A

Computer
Aopen MP45-DR (HTPC)
All Works Great, Excluding the Optical Drive (Kind Of Annoying But Im Aware Android As An OS Only Supports One Optical Drive (External Unit By Samsung).

http://global.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?auno=2661

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

The Touch Screen Monitor Is
A Cartft CTF800 WML - VGA.8" (16:9)  (Using The Supplied Touch Screen By Egalax)
http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/1160

My Issue Is The Touch Driver Android Uses Is Giving Me The Following Issues

X-Axis Is Inverted/Mirrored

Y-Axis Is Not Using The Whole Screen But Is Correct In The Direction.
Like There Is A Border Top & Bottom Of 10mm (That I Carnt Use I Would Imagine Its To Do With Something Similar Like Mouse Cursor Speed)

I Have Used The Supplied Apps Like "Calibrate"  With No Success :(

My Question's

I Can Get A Linux Driver (As Android Is Built On A Linux Kernel) ..But Would It Be Compatible ?

Is There Anyway Of Coding The Current Driver To Invert The Axis ?

Can Anyone Recommend An
8" - 10" Touch Screen Monitor That Is "Out Of The Box" Compatible ?

Mauro Rossi

Oct 31, 2014, 8:51:09 AM10/31/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
In order to have working calibration, for laptops you need to find your product name with WMI related commands and edit init.sh accordingly, in case of external USB touchscreen you need to find usb VID PID and edit init.sh in the section of related to usb devices calibration.
You can find specific posts in this forum.

Regarding inverted axis you will find, after init.sh editing, that calibration is supported, even with inverted axis, but inversion is usually due to reversed mounting of touchscreen.

M.